Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Hsbc
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3933 Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 57 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hsbc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Hsbc
- Toggle 1 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Removal of the U.S. Captive-bred Inter-subspecific crossed or generic Tiger From the Exemption to Register Under the Captive-bred Wildlife Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 BPD Floating-Rate Notes 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Streamling Inherited Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hsbc
- Toggle 10 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 6 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 5 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 4 CFPB Impacts of overdraft programs on consumers 2012
- Toggle 4 CFPB 2012 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 3 CFPB 2012 Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 3 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 3 OCC Lending Limits 2012
- Toggle 2 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Private Education Loans and Private Educational Lenders 2011
- Toggle 2 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Credit Card Market 2012