HSBC Bank USA, National Association, the American subsidiary of UK-based HSBC Holdings plc, is a bank with its operational head office in New York City and its nominal head office in McLean, Virginia (as designated on its charter). HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is a national bank chartered under the National Bank Act, which means that it is regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), a part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Campaign Finance$3,132,255 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of HSBC Holdings
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount HSBC North America $8,640,000 HSBC North America $8,640,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.3933 Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act of 2009 H.R.1677 Taxpayer Protection Act of 2007 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 S.1934 Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act of 2009 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.5140 Recovery Rebates and Economic Stimulus for the American People Act of 2008 S.1133 Taxpayer Abuse Prevention Act S.1219 Taxpayer Protection and Assistance Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 149 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "HSBC Holdings" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for HSBC Holdings
- Toggle 2 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Lending Limits 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for HSBC Holdings
- Toggle 3 DOD Limitations on Terms of Consumer Credit Extended to Service Members and Dependents 2006
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 2 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 2 DOT Passenger Manifest Information 1995
- Toggle 2 EBSA PTE 2012-05 HSBC–North America (U.S.) Tax Reduction Investment Plan (the Plan) [Application No. D–11637] 2012
- Toggle 1 FRS Banks and bank holding companies: Formations, acquisitions, and mergers 2006
- Toggle 1 FRS Formations of, Acquisitions by, and Mergers of Bank Holding 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT New Air Corporation - Exemption - Slots - John F. Kennedy International Airport 1999
- Toggle 1 PRC International Mail Contracts 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "HSBC Holdings" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee