Houghton Mifflin Harcourt ( /hoʊtˈn mɪfˈlɪn/ ) is an educational and trade publisher in the United States. Headquartered in Boston's Back Bay, it publishes textbooks, instructional technology materials, assessments, reference works, and fiction and non-fiction for both young readers and adults.
Campaign Finance$68,410 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Houghton Mifflin
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 90 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Houghton Mifflin" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Houghton Mifflin
- Toggle 13 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 5 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 5 FWS Mt. Charleston Blue Butterfly, Acomon Blue Butterfly, Reakirt's Blue Butterfly, Spring Mountains Icariodes Blue Butterfly 2012
- Toggle 4 FWS Desert Massasauga (Sistrurus catenatus edwardsii) 2012
- Toggle 3 NOAA Generic Annual Catch Limits/Accountability Measures Amendment for the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council's Red Drum, Reef Fish, Shrimp, Coral and Coral reefs Fishery Management Plans 2011
- Toggle 3 SBA Small Business Size Standards: Professional, Scientific and Technical Services 2011
- Toggle 3 NOAA Essential Fish Habitat (EFH) Omnibus Amendments to the Fishery Management Plans for Groundfish of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Management Area and Gulf of Alaska, Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands King and Tanner Crabs, Scallop Fishery off Alaska, Salmon Fisheries in the Exclusive Economic Zone off of the Coast of Alaska and Fish Resources of the Arctic Management Area. 2011
- Toggle 3 NOAA Amendment 32 to the Reef Fish Fishery Management Plan: Gag – Rebuilding Plan, Annual Catch Limits, Management Measures; Red Grouper – Annual Catch Limits, Management Measures; Grouper Accountability Measures 2011
- Toggle 2 Endangered Status for the Sierra Nevada Yellow-legged Frog and the Northern Distinct Population Segment of the Mt Yellow-legged Frog, Threatened Status for the Yosemite Toad 2012