Honeywell International, Inc. (NYSE: HON) is a major conglomerate company that produces a variety of consumer products, engineering services, and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers, from private consumers to major corporations and governments.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Honeywell International
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Honeywell International $15,030,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Automotive Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.473 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act H.R.916 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 S.847 Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.2017 Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 168 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Honeywell International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Honeywell International
- Toggle 1 EERE Workforce Guidelines for Home Energy Upgrades 2011
- Toggle 1 EIB Notice of application for final commitment for a long-term loan or financial guarantee in excess of $100 million that will be used to support the export of commerical aircraft to the United Arab Emirates - AP087436. 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Possible Negotiations in the World Trade Organization to Expand the Information Technology Agreement, including Its Product Coverage 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Pilot Loading of Navigation and Terrain Awareness Database Updates 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Honeywell International
- Toggle 29 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 8 FAA 2012-NM-191-AD Honeywell International Inc. air data pressure transducers as installed on various aircraft 2012
- Toggle 7 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011
- Toggle 6 FAA Honeywell International, Inc. Turbofan Engines 2012
- Toggle 4 FAA Honeywell International Inc. Models TFE731-4, -4R, -5R, -5AR, and -5BR Turbofan Engines 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Air Quality: Revision to Definition of Volatile Organic Compounds – Exclusion of trans 1-chloro-3,3,3-trifluoroprop-1-ene (HFO 1233zd(E)) 2012
- Toggle 4 FAA 2011-NE-18-AD 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA 2011-NE-04-AD 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA 2013 Technical Corrections, Clarifying, and Other Amendments to Certain Provisions of the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2012
Federal Spending1 grant; 273 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Honeywell International Inc||2011||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0240::TAS MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF THE KANSAS CITY PLANT||$517,613,272|
|Honeywell International Inc||2012||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF THE KANSAS CITY PLANT BY HONEYWELL FM&T, CONTRACT NO. NA-0000622||$256,446,698|
|Honeywell International Inc||2011||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0240::TAS MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF THE KANSAS CITY PLANT BY HONEYWELL FM&T, CONTRACT NO. NA-0000622||$156,418,459|
|Honeywell International Inc.||2011||DEFINITIZE PROGRAM YEAR 5 NOT-TO-EXCEED PRICING FOR TOTAL INTEGRATED ENGINE REVITALIZATION PROGRAM (TIGER). INCORPORATE 2 ENGINEERING WORK DIRECTIVES (EWDS).||$114,891,669|
|Honeywell International Inc||2011||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0240::TAS MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF THE KANSAS CITY PLANT||$100,634,470|
|Honeywell International Inc.||2012||PURCHASE 88 T55-GA-714 ENGINES AND 122 ENGINE FIELD KITS.||$78,808,042|
|Honeywell International Inc.||2011||PROCUREMENT OF 74 TIGER ENGINE EQUIVALENTS.||$72,764,288|
|Honeywell International Inc.||2012||TOTAL INTEGRATED ENGINE REVITALIZATION (TIGER) PROGRAM CONTRACT FOR THE SUSTAINMENT AND RESET OF 224 EACH AUTOMOTIVE GAS TURBINE (AGT) 1500 TIGER ENGINE EQUIVALENTS. THE TIGER PROGRAM SUPPORTS THE ABRAMS TANK PRODUCTION, ABRAMS DERIVATIVE VEHICLES AND ARMY STOCK SPARES.||$72,449,573|
|Honeywell International Inc||2011||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0240::TAS MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF THE KANSAS CITY PLANT BY HONEYWELL FM&T, CONTRACT NO. NA-000062||$72,415,549|
|Honeywell International Inc||2012||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF THE KANSAS CITY PLANT BY HONEYWELL FM&T, CONTRACT NO. NA-0000622||$72,257,203|
Contractor Misconduct6 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Intellectual Property||None||BorgWarner v. Honeywell International (Copyright Infringement)||2011||Settlement||$32,500,000|
|Environment||None||Illegal Storage of Hazardous Waste in Illinois (Criminal Prosecution)||2011||Pleaded Guilty||$12,000,400|
|Environment||None||Hudson County, NJ Chromium Pollution||2011||Settlement||$6,000,000|
|Environment||None||Illegal Storage of Hazardous Waste in Illinois (Civil Lawsuit)||2011||Settlement||$690,000|
|Environment||None||Environmental Remediation of Valmont Butte Property||2011||Settlement||$350,000|
|Labor||None||Metropolis, Illinois OSHA Violations||2011||Fine||$119,000|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Honeywell Wastebeds||Honeywell International, Inc||2011||Solvay, Ny||$1,700,000|
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Honeywell International" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee