Honeywell International, Inc. (NYSE: HON) is a major conglomerate company that produces a variety of consumer products, engineering services, and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers, from private consumers to major corporations and governments.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Honeywell International
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Honeywell International $9,620,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Foreign Relations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.2776 Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007 H.R.5658 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.3001 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 H.R.3222 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.4986 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 S.1567 H.R.2881 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 144 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Honeywell International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Honeywell International
- Toggle 2 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Honeywell International, Inc. (AFS) 2007
- Toggle 2 FAA Honeywell International - Exemption/Rulemaking 2008
- Toggle 2 FAA 2007-NM-028-AD Various Aircraft Equipped With Honeywell Primus II RNZ‑850( )/-851( ) Integrated Navigation Units 2008
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Honeywell International, Inc. 2007
- Toggle 1 OSHA Supplier's Declaration of Conformity - 2008; Request for Information (RFI) 2008
- Toggle 1 FAA In the Matter of Honeywell International, Inc. - Complaint - CP07CE0003 2007
- Toggle 1 FAA ADSB Out Performance Requirements to Support ATC 2007
- Toggle 1 NRC Requirements for Distribution of Byproduct Material 2008
- Toggle 1 FAA 2008-NM-022-AD Honeywell Flight Management Systems (FMSs) Equipped with Honeywell NZ‑2000 Navigation Computers and Honeywell IC‑800 or IC-800E Integrated Avionics Computers; as Installed on Various Transport Category Airplanes 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Honeywell International
- Toggle 24 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: SNAP Motor Vehicle Air-conditioning Systems 2008
- Toggle 10 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Chemical Manufacturing Area Sources 2008
- Toggle 8 FAA In the Matter of Honeywell International, Inc. - Complaint - CP07CE0003 2007
- Toggle 7 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Honeywell International, Inc. (AFS) 2007
- Toggle 5 FAA 2008-NE-07-AD - Honeywell International, Inc. TFE731-4, -4R, -5, -5AR, -5BR, and -5R Series Turbofan Engines 2008
- Toggle 5 FAA 2007-NE-30-AD - Honeywell International Inc. ATF3-6 and ATF3-6A Series Turbofan Engines 2007
- Toggle 4 FAA Honeywell International - Exemption/Rulemaking 2008
- Toggle 4 FAA ADSB Out Performance Requirements to Support ATC 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA Significant New Use Rule of Certain Chemical Substances 2008
- Toggle 4 FAA 2007-NM-028-AD Various Aircraft Equipped With Honeywell Primus II RNZ‑850( )/-851( ) Integrated Navigation Units 2008
Rocket Systems Launch Program (SPACE) -- Ballistic Missile Technology
Rocket Systems Launch Program (SPACE) -- Ballistic Missile Range Safety Technology
Tomahawk and Tomahawk Mission Planning Center (TMPC) -- Precision Terrain Aided Navigation
Federal Spending2 grants; 179 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Honeywell International Inc||2007||$404,377,758|
|Honeywell International Inc||2008||$330,118,273|
|Honeywell International Inc||2007||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF KANSAS CITY PLANT||$194,634,161|
|Honeywell International Inc||2008||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF KANSAS CITY PLANT||$185,159,010|
|Honeywell International Inc||2008||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF KANSAS CITY PLANT||$120,839,918|
|Honeywell International Inc||2007||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF KANSAS CITY PLANT||$92,529,585|
|Honeywell International Inc||2008||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF KANSAS CITY PLANT||$69,819,101|
|Honeywell International Inc||2007||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF KANSAS CITY PLANT||$66,794,608|
|Honeywell International Inc||2007||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF KANSAS CITY PLANT||$51,390,621|
|Honeywell International Inc||2007||Energy, Department Of||MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF KANSAS CITY PLANT||$44,904,970|
Contractor Misconduct9 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Labor||None||Allen v. Honeywell Retirement Earnings Plan||2008||Settlement||$35,000,000|
|Environment||None||Negligently Causing the Release of Hazardous Air Pollutants||2007||Pleaded Guilty||$12,000,125|
|Consumer Affairs||None||Defective Seat Belt||2007||Judgment Against Defendant||$9,750,000|
|Environment||None||Maricopa County Hazardous Waste and Environmental Cleanup Violations||2008||Settlement||$6,000,000|
|Environment||None||Maricopa County Air Quality Violations||2008||Settlement||$3,025,480|
|Antitrust||None||Automotive Products Price Fixing (Quick Lube Litigation)||2008||Pending||$0|
|Government Contract Fraud||Multiple Agencies||Defective Bulletproof Vest Material||2008||Pending||$0|
|Intellectual Property||None||Music Piracy Network at British Office||2007||Pending||$0|
EPA Violations10 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Solitron Devices||Honeywell International, Inc.||2008||West Palm Beach, ...||$4,923,335|
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Honeywell International inc (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|3m Company||Uop Llc (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Honeywell International Inc (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|Agere Systems, Et Al||Honeywell International, Inc (+138 others)||2007||Elkton, Md||$11,300,000|
|Lcp Holtrachem||Honey International, Inc. (+1 others)||2008||Riegelwood, Nc||$4,506,363|
|Central Eureka Mine Site||Honeywell International Inc. (+1 others)||2008||Sutter Creek, Ca||$2,721,000|
|Allied-Pulaski Site||Honeywell International, Inc (+5 others)||2008||Pulaski, Va||$2,099,322|
|Abb, Inc.||Uop Llc (+72 others)||2007||Wood Ridge, Nj||$1,400,000|
|San Fernando Area 1 122h Aoc W/ Honeywell, Lockheed||Honeywell International, Inc. (+3 others)||2008||N Hollywood, Ca||$1,303,920|
Advisory Committees108 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Honeywell International" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 103 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee