The Home Depot or simply Home Depot (NYSE: HD) is an American retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. The Home Depot operates 2,242 big-box format stores across the United States (including all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and Guam), Canada (all ten provinces), Mexico and China. (12 store chain). The Home Depot is headquartered from the Atlanta Store Support Center in unincorporated Cobb County, Georgia.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Home Depot
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Home Depot $2,160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Health Issues,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 S.1832 Marketplace Fairness Act H.R.25 Fair Tax Act H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act H.R.3179 Marketplace Equity Act of 2011 S.1216 A bill to waive the requirement that existing traffic signs meet minimum retroreflectivity standards on or before the compliance dates established by the Federal Highway Administration. H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 H.R.1519 Paycheck Fairness Act S.797 Paycheck Fairness Act H.R.499 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the standard charitable mileage rate for delivery of meals to elderly, disabled, frail and at risk individuals.
RegulationsMentioned in 98 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Home Depot" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Home Depot
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Home Depot
- Toggle 22 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012
- Toggle 14 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for General Service Fluorescent Lamps and Incandescent Reflector Lamps 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 8 CPSC Table Saw Blade Contact Injuries: Request for Comments and Information 2011
- Toggle 7 Energy Conservation Standards Ceiling Fans and Ceiling Fan Light Kits: Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Availability of Draft Chemical Risk Assessments; Public Comment Opportunity: Methylene Chloride (dichloromethane; CASRN 75-09-2) and N-Methylpyrrolidone (NMP; CASRN 872-50-4) 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Reverse Logistics 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Phosphorus Water Quality Standards for Florida Everglades 2011
- Toggle 3 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Private Education Loans and Private Educational Lenders 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.