Holland & Knight
Holland & Knight is an international law firm with more than 1,000 lawyers in 17 U.S. offices. Other offices around the world are located in Abu Dhabi, UAE, Beijing, China, and Mexico City, Mexico. Holland & Knight provides representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. The firm's interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams permit clients access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Henry A. Waxman $20,350
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Holland & Knight
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Praxair Inc $1,370,000 Jicarilla Apache Nation $1,010,000 Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe $740,000 Amscot Financial $640,000 American Chemistry Council $640,000 Florida Hospital Assn $590,000 National Fisheries Institute $590,000 David Nassif Assoc $560,000 City & County of San Francisco, CA $510,000 John Bean Technologies $440,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3644 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.444 340B Program Improvement and Integrity Act of 2009 H.R.3288 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3326 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 32 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Holland & Knight" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Holland & Knight
- Toggle 3 DOT Enhancing Airline Passenger Protections 2010
- Toggle 1 USCG Liberty LLC Natural Gas Deepwater Port Application 2010
- Toggle 1 ED Gainful Employment--Student Assistance General Provisions--34 CFR Part 668 2010
- Toggle 1 USCG Amend the Anchorage Regulations for Narragansett Bay (33 CFR 110.145) - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2009
- Toggle 1 FAA Air Canada - Exemption/Rulemaking 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Holland & Knight
- Toggle 3 USCG Liberty LLC Natural Gas Deepwater Port Application 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT Virgin Blue Airlines Pty Ltd - Exemption - Between Points Within Australia 2009
- Toggle 3 DOT Pacific Blue Airlines (NZ) Ltd and Pacific Blue Airlines (Aust) Pty Ltd - Exemptions/ Statement of Authorization 2009
- Toggle 2 DOT Jazz Air LP d/b/a Air Canada Jazz, d/b/a Jazz and d/b/a Jazz Air - Statemant of Authorization - Air Canada, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Asiana, bmi british midland, Lufthansa, SAS, Singapore Airlines and United Airlines 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Guidance on Planning, Implementing, Maintaining, and Enforcing Institutional Controls at Contaminated Sites 2010
- Toggle 1 FTA Notice of Availability of Discussion Paper on Evaluation of Economic Development 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital IPPS for Acute Care Hospitals and the LTCH PPS and Fiscal Year 2011 Rates; Effective Date of Provider Agreements and Supplier Approvals; and Hospital Conditions of Participation for Rehabilitation and Respiratory Care Services Medicaid Program: Accreditation Requirements for Providers of Inpatient Psychiatric Services for Individuals under Age 21 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT American Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Broad Authority for Codeshare Services 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc., Virgin Blue International Airlines Pty Ltd d/b/a V Australia, Virgin Blue Airlines Pty Ltd, Pacific Blue Airlines (Aust) Pty Ltd and Pacific Blue Airlines (NZ) Ltd - Statement of Authorization 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. - Statement of Authorization - U.S.-UK Code-Sharing 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Holland & Knight" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee