Holland & Knight
Holland & Knight is an international law firm with more than 1,000 lawyers in 17 U.S. offices. Other offices around the world are located in Abu Dhabi, UAE, Beijing, China, and Mexico City, Mexico. Holland & Knight provides representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. The firm's interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams permit clients access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.
Campaign Finance$12,053,852 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Henry A. Waxman $20,350
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Holland & Knight
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Jicarilla Apache Nation $4,960,000 American Chemistry Council $4,760,000 Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe $3,840,000 Praxair Inc $3,710,000 National Fisheries Institute $2,900,000 Amscot Financial $2,360,000 New Starts Working Group $1,986,000 Placer County, CA $1,980,000 American College of Chest Physicians $1,980,000 Sacramento Regional Transit District $1,820,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3261 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.3644 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 H.R.444 340B Program Improvement and Integrity Act of 2009 H.R.3200 Local Flexibility for Transit Assistance Act H.R.3288 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 243 dockets; Submitted to 117 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Holland & Knight" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Holland & Knight
- Toggle 19 DOT Foreign - Designation of Agent for Service of Notice, Process, Orders, Decisions and Requirements 2002
- Toggle 6 DOT American Airlines, Inc., Iberia Lineas Aereas de Espana, S.A., Finnair OY, Malev Hungarian Airlines and Royal Jordanian Airlines - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Agreements 2007
- Toggle 6 DOT Foreign Air Carrier Plans to Address Needs of Families of Victims of Aircraft Accidents 1998
- Toggle 5 DOT South African Airways - Exemption - United States-South Africa 1999
- Toggle 5 DOT Varig Logistica d/b/a Varig Log - Foreign Air Carrier Permit -Brazil-United States 2004
- Toggle 5 DOT Varig Logistica S.A. d/b/a Varig Log - Exemption - Brazil-United States 2004
- Toggle 5 DOT Airline Passenger Manifest Information Required to be Filed Under 14 CFR Part 243 1998
- Toggle 5 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and South African Airways - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - United States-South Africa 2000
- Toggle 4 DOT Tradewind Aviation, LLC - Certificate - Interstate Charter Air Transportation 2005
- Toggle 4 DOT United Air Lines, Inc. and Qatar Airways Q.C.S.C. - Statement of Authorization - U.S.-Qatar and Beyond Code-Sharing 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Holland & Knight
- Toggle 36 DOT Computer Reservations Systems - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2006
- Toggle 23 DOT Tradewind Aviation, LLC - Certificate - Interstate Charter Air Transportation 2005
- Toggle 16 DOT Porter Airlines Inc. - Foreign Permit/Exemption - Canada-U.S. 2007
- Toggle 14 DOT Foreign - Designation of Agent for Service of Notice, Process, Orders, Decisions and Requirements 2002
- Toggle 14 DOT American Airlines, Inc., British Airways Plc, Finnair Oyj, Iberia Lineas Aereas de Expana, S.A. and Royal Jordanian Airlines - Approval of and Antirust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2008
- Toggle 13 FMCSA MSC - In the Matter of Hop Kee Pyrotechnics Ltd. - Reply to Notice of Claim 2003
- Toggle 10 DOT South African Airways - Exemption - United States-South Africa 1999
- Toggle 10 DOT Varig Logistica S.A. d/b/a Varig Log - Exemption - Brazil-United States 2004
- Toggle 10 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and South African Airways - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - United States-South Africa 2000
- Toggle 8 DOT South African Airways (Pty) Ltd. and Delta Air Lines, Inc. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - Dakar, Senegal as an Intermediate Point 2002
Advisory Committees7 people on 7 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Holland & Knight" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 4 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Commission on the Future of the United States Aerospace Industry 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Small Business Administration 1 person on 1 committee