Hogan Lovells is an international law firm co-headquartered in London, United Kingdom and Washington, D.C., United States. It was formed on May 1, 2010 following the merger of Washington-based Hogan & Hartson and London-based Lovells. The two firms' agreement to merge was announced on 15 December 2009. Hogan Lovells has around 2,500 lawyers and revenues of around US$1.8bn (£1.1bn).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Hogan Lovells
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Nissan North America $1,500,000 Housing Finance Alliance $1,100,000 TPG $990,000 Yurok Tribe $570,000 Daimler AG $520,000 Northwestern University $440,000 Occidental Petroleum $400,000 Biotechnology Industry Organization $400,000 American Hospital Assn $350,000 Airbus North America $320,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Food Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.2480 Truth in Fur Labeling Act of 2009 H.R.3408 Taxpayer Responsibility, Accountability, and Consistency Act of 2009 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.1076 Truth in Fur Labeling Act of 2009 S.2882 Taxpayer Responsibility, Accountability, and Consistency Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Nov. 11, 2013 American Unity Fund Advocate for Congressional passage of federal Employment Non-Discrimination Act View registration Nov. 11, 2013 Coldchain Technology Services To identify opportunities to expand the use of environmental monitoring for children's vaccines. View registration Nov. 11, 2013 Onsite Health Pursuing opportunities for greater mobile, primary medicine and oral healthcare access to underserved populations and rural communities. View registration Nov. 11, 2013 Chios Societies of the Americas and Canada Issues to support more economic and cultural activities between US and Greece. View registration Oct. 25, 2013 21st Century Fox Tax issues affecting a U.S. multinational media business View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 56 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hogan Lovells" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Hogan Lovells
- Toggle 2 ITA Antidumping Proceedings: Calculation of the Weighted Average Dumping Margin and Assessment Rate in Certain Antidumping Duty Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT Skymark Airlines Inc. - Exemption - Japan-United States Charters 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA Infectious Diseases 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Dunes Sagebrush Lizard 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA NetJets Aviation Inc. and and NJI, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Citizen Petition Regarding Abbreviated New Drug Applications that Reference Eisai's Aricept® (donopezil hytrochloride) 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA Valley Aviation Services, LLP, an Arizona Limited Liability, Partnership v. City of Glendale, an Arizona Charter City 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Public Comments on the Annual Review of Country Eligibility for Benefits under the African Growth and Opportunity Act 2010
- Toggle 1 ITA Proposed Methodology for Implementation of Section 772(c)(2)(B) of the Tariff Act of 1930, As Amended, In Non-Market Economy Antidumping Proceedings; Request for Comment 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hogan Lovells
- Toggle 16 EPA North Dakota Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2010
- Toggle 8 DOT Republic Airline Inc. and Frontier Airlines, Inc. - Exemptions - Denver- Ixtapa/ Zihuatanejo; Denver-San Jose del Cabo; Denver-Mazatlan; Denver-Puerto Vallarta; Kansas City-Puerto Vallarta; Kansas City-San Jose del Cabo 2010
- Toggle 4 DOT Frontier Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Milwaukee, Wisconsin-Cancun, Mexico 2010
- Toggle 4 DOT Skymark Airlines Inc. - Exemption - Japan-United States Charters 2010
- Toggle 4 DOT Sichuan Airlines Co., Ltd. - Exemption - People's Republic of China-CNMI/Guam Scheduled Service and PRC-U.S. Charters 2010
- Toggle 3 FAA Republic Airline Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2009
- Toggle 3 DOT Enhancing Airline Passenger Protections 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT Frontier Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - St. Louis, MO-Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Citizen Petition Regarding Abbreviated New Drug Applications that Reference Eisai's Aricept® (donopezil hytrochloride) 2010
- Toggle 2 FAA NetJets Aviation Inc. and and NJI, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2010