Hogan Lovells is an international law firm co-headquartered in London, United Kingdom and Washington, D.C., United States. It was formed on May 1, 2010 following the merger of Washington-based Hogan & Hartson and London-based Lovells. The two firms' agreement to merge was announced on 15 December 2009. Hogan Lovells has around 2,500 lawyers and revenues of around US$1.8bn (£1.1bn).
Campaign Finance$1,794,954 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte Robert E. Glennon $88,300
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Hogan Lovells
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Nissan North America $2,980,000 Housing Finance Alliance $2,010,000 TPG $1,990,000 Yurok Tribe $1,450,000 Northwestern University $1,200,000 Occidental Petroleum $1,070,000 Atlas Air $1,060,000 Drummond Co $1,050,000 Biotechnology Industry Organization $1,040,000 AFLAC Inc $1,020,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.917 Outer Continental Shelf Reform Act of 2011 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.275 Pipeline Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.2937 Pipeline Infrastructure and Community Protection Act of 2011 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 22, 2013 City Commission of the City of Harlingen c/o Stapleton, Curtis and Boswell Legislation to expand the number of Graduate Medical Education slots. View registration May 13, 2013 Vodafone Group Services Limited Issues relating to the Europe Persia Express Gateway (EPEG) project. View registration May 6, 2013 NEMA, The Association of Electrical Equipment and Medical Imaging Manufacturers Tax incentives for energy efficiency View registration April 30, 2013 Vical Inc FDA approval of a new cancer therapy. View registration April 10, 2013 Sharp Corporation Exempting drug packagers from Generic Drug user fees. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 224 dockets; Submitted to 24 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hogan Lovells" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Hogan Lovells
- Toggle 3 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 3 USTR GENERALIZED SYSTEM OF PREFERENCES (GSP): NOTICE REGARDING THE INITIATION OF THE 2011 ANNUAL GSP PRODUCT AND COUNTRY ELIGIBILITY PRACTICES REVIEW AND DEADLINES FOR FILING PETITIONS 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Responding to Unsolicited Requests for Off-Label Information About Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Dunes Sagebrush Lizard 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Peninsula Airways, Inc. 2000
- Toggle 1 FAA NetJets Aviation Inc. and and NJI, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Zero Gravity Corporation 2003
- Toggle 1 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Chautauqua Airlines 2002
- Toggle 1 CPSC Petition Requesting Commission Action Regarding Crib Bumpers 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hogan Lovells
- Toggle 20 FDA Petition for Reconsideration of the October 9, 2012, Decision of the FDA/CDRH to Deny Approval of the Premarket Approval Application (PMA; P070023) for Oxiplex®/SP Gel 2012
- Toggle 18 DOT Notice to All Foreign Air Carriers - Effectiveness of New Provisions Under 14 CFR Part 212 2006
- Toggle 17 DOT Trans Executive Airlines of Hawaii, Inc. d/b/a Transair d/b/a Interisland Airways - Certificate - Interstate Air Transportation 2011
- Toggle 13 DOT People Express Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Air Transportation 2012
- Toggle 11 DOT Counterpart to Warsaw Agreement (Vols. 1 thru 11) 1995
- Toggle 11 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 10 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 9 DOT Organization and Delegation of Powers and Duties; Commercial Space Launch Act - Amdt. 1-202 1998
- Toggle 9 DOT Intra-Alaska Bush Service Mail Rates 2003
- Toggle 8 DOT In the Matter of Streamlining Regulatory Procedures For Licensing U.S. and Foreign Air Carriers 2005