Hogan Lovells is an international law firm co-headquartered in London, United Kingdom and Washington, D.C., United States. It was formed on May 1, 2010 following the merger of Washington-based Hogan & Hartson and London-based Lovells. The two firms' agreement to merge was announced on 15 December 2009. Hogan Lovells has around 2,500 lawyers and revenues of around US$1.8bn (£1.1bn).
Campaign Finance$1,979,898 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte Robert E. Glennon $88,300
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Hogan Lovells
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Nissan North America $3,400,000 TPG $2,220,000 Housing Finance Alliance $2,010,000 Yurok Tribe $1,590,000 Northwestern University $1,360,000 American Hospital Assn $1,320,000 AFLAC Inc $1,240,000 Occidental Petroleum $1,230,000 Mortgage Insurance Companies of America $1,180,000 Atlas Air $1,180,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.917 Outer Continental Shelf Reform Act of 2011 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.275 Pipeline Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.2937 Pipeline Infrastructure and Community Protection Act of 2011 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Nov. 11, 2013 American Unity Fund Advocate for Congressional passage of federal Employment Non-Discrimination Act View registration Nov. 11, 2013 Coldchain Technology Services To identify opportunities to expand the use of environmental monitoring for children's vaccines. View registration Nov. 11, 2013 Onsite Health Pursuing opportunities for greater mobile, primary medicine and oral healthcare access to underserved populations and rural communities. View registration Nov. 11, 2013 Chios Societies of the Americas and Canada Issues to support more economic and cultural activities between US and Greece. View registration Oct. 25, 2013 21st Century Fox Tax issues affecting a U.S. multinational media business View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 254 dockets; Submitted to 55 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hogan Lovells" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Hogan Lovells
- Toggle 4 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 3 USTR GENERALIZED SYSTEM OF PREFERENCES (GSP): NOTICE REGARDING THE INITIATION OF THE 2011 ANNUAL GSP PRODUCT AND COUNTRY ELIGIBILITY PRACTICES REVIEW AND DEADLINES FOR FILING PETITIONS 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT People Express Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Air Transportation 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Responding to Unsolicited Requests for Off-Label Information About Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 ITA Antidumping Proceedings: Calculation of the Weighted Average Dumping Margin and Assessment Rate in Certain Antidumping Duty Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT Skymark Airlines Inc. - Exemption - Japan-United States Charters 2010
- Toggle 2 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - China Airlines, Ltd. 2002
- Toggle 1 OSHA Infectious Diseases 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Dunes Sagebrush Lizard 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Peninsula Airways, Inc. 2000
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hogan Lovells
- Toggle 22 FDA Petition for Reconsideration of the October 9, 2012, Decision of the FDA/CDRH to Deny Approval of the Premarket Approval Application (PMA; P070023) for Oxiplex®/SP Gel 2012
- Toggle 19 DOT Organization and Delegation of Powers and Duties; Commercial Space Launch Act - Amdt. 1-202 1998
- Toggle 19 DOT Foreign - Designation of Agent for Service of Notice, Process, Orders, Decisions and Requirements 2002
- Toggle 18 DOT Notice to All Foreign Air Carriers - Effectiveness of New Provisions Under 14 CFR Part 212 2006
- Toggle 17 DOT Trans Executive Airlines of Hawaii, Inc. d/b/a Transair d/b/a Interisland Airways - Certificate - Interstate Air Transportation 2011
- Toggle 16 EPA North Dakota Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2010
- Toggle 13 DOT People Express Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Air Transportation 2012
- Toggle 13 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 11 Frontier Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Lansing, Michigan-Puerto Vallarta/Cancun, Mexico and St. Louis, Missouri-San Jose del Cabo, Mexico 2013
- Toggle 11 DOT Counterpart to Warsaw Agreement (Vols. 1 thru 11) 1995