F. Hoffmann–La Roche Ltd. is a Swiss global health-care company that operates worldwide under two divisions: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Its holding company, Roche Holding AG, has shares listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Campaign Finance$2,232,330 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Hoffmann-La Roche
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Hoffmann-La Roche $47,421,319 Ruder Finn Inc $40,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Homeland Security,
- Veterans Affairs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3043 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1591 Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2007 S.1710 Department of Health and Human Services Appropriations Act, 2008 S.3181 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.2552 Hepatitis C Epidemic Control and Prevention Act of 2007 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.1445 Hepatitis C Epidemic Control and Prevention Act H.R.2346 Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 170 dockets; Submitted to 35 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hoffmann-La Roche" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Hoffmann-La Roche
- Toggle 4 FDA Confirm that the Agency Will Stay Approval for 30 months from July 26, 2010 of Abbreviated New Drug Application No. 78-998 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection: Developing Direct-Acting Antiviral Agents for Treatment 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Dietary Supplements 1996
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Postmarketing Adverse Event Reporting for Medical Products and Dietary Supplements During an Influenza Pandemic 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Parenteral Multivitamin Products 1979
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Influenza: Developing Drugs for Treatment and/or Prophylaxis; Availability 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Industry on Good Reprint Practices for the Distribution of Medical Journal Articles and Medical or Scientific Reference Publications on Unapproved New Uses of Approved Drugs and Approved or Cleared Medical Devices 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Investigational New Drug Applications; Co-Development of Investigational Drugs 2010
- Toggle 1 PTO Changes to Practice for Documents Submitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Pilot Program To Evaluate Proposed Name Submissions; Concept Paper; Public Meeting, 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hoffmann-La Roche
- Toggle 13 FDA Confirm that the Agency Will Stay Approval for 30 months from July 26, 2010 of Abbreviated New Drug Application No. 78-998 2010
- Toggle 9 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for MIRCERA (methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta), U.S. Patent No. 6,583,272 2008
- Toggle 6 FDA Patent Extension for BONIVA (ibandronate), U.S. Patent No. 4,927,814 2004
- Toggle 5 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System; Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste; Solvents; Final Decision 1998
- Toggle 5 FDA Parenteral Multivitamin Products 1979
- Toggle 4 FDA Sunscreen Drug Products 1978
- Toggle 4 FDA Adverse Experience Reporting Requirements Drug/Biologicals 1993
- Toggle 4 EPA Copper 8-Quinolinolate 2007
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2008
- Toggle 3 FDA Investigational New Drug Applications; Co-Development of Investigational Drugs 2010
EPA Violations7 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc itself & Roche Diagnostics (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|3m Company||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc oboi & Roche Diagnostics (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|3m Company Et Al.||Hoffman-La Roche, Inc. (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|Benjamin Moore & Co., Et Al||Hoffmann-Laroche Inc (+26 others)||2001||Piscataway, Nj||$2,000,000|
|Container Recycling||Hoffman-La Roche Inc/Roche Vitamins Inc (+134 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks||$1,404,829|
|Abb, Inc.||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc (+72 others)||2007||Wood Ridge, Nj||$1,400,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Hoffmann-La Roche" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 2 committees