Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a private equity firm. As of November 2010 Hilton brands encompass over 3,600 hotels with 600,000 rooms in 81 countries. Hilton is ranked as the 36th largest private company in the United States by Forbes.
Campaign Finance$808,853 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Charles E. Schumer Jonas Neihardt $30,150
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Hilton Worldwide
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Hilton Worldwide $4,810,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Travel & Tourism,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.2935 Travel Promotion Act of 2009 H.R.2935 Defending Special Education Students and Families Act H.R.3039 Welcoming Business Travelers and Tourists to America Act of 2011 S.2233 Jobs Originated through Launching Travel Act S.1653 International Tourism Facilitation Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hilton Worldwide" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Hilton Worldwide
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hilton Worldwide
- Toggle 4 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 3 HHS Exchange Functions in the Individual Market: Eligibility Determinations; Standards for Verification of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage, Employer Appeals, and Employer SHOP Participation 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 DOE Implementing the National Broadband Plan 2010
- Toggle 1 Health Insurance Premium Tax Credit: Minimum Value of Eligible Employer-Sponsored Plans and Other Rules 2013
- Toggle 1 DOT 2010 U.S.-Haneda Combination Services Allocation Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Commercial Building Asset Rating 2011
- Toggle 1 DOJ Delaying the Compliance Date for Certain Requirements of the Regulations Implementing Titles II and III of the Americans With Disabilities Act 2012
- Toggle 1 Request for Comments and Notice of public hearing concerning Proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Agreement 2013
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Hilton Worldwide" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee