Heart Rhythm Society
The Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) is an international non-profit organization that promotes education and advocacy for cardiac arrhythmia professionals and patients. The Society was founded in 1979 and counted 5,100 members from over 70 countries as of January, 2009. The Official Journal of the Heart Rhythm Society is HeartRhythm, which provides readers basic and clinical scientific developments devoted to arrhythmias, devices, and cardiovascular electrophysiology. The HRS is headquartered in Washington, DC, USA.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Heart Rhythm Society
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Heart Rhythm Society $355,695
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 S.668 Health Care Bureaucrats Elimination Act H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 H.RES.295 Promoting increased awareness, diagnosis, and treatment of atrial fibrillation to address the high morbidity and mortality rates and to prevent avoidable hospitalizations associated with this disease. S.218 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 S.RES.243 A resolution promoting increased awareness, diagnosis, and treatment of atrial fibrillation to address the high morbidity and mortality rates and to prevent avoidable hospitalizations associated with the disease. H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.816 Provider Shield Act of 2011 H.R.1377 Josh Miller HEARTS Act H.R.1700 Medicare Patient Empowerment Act
RegulationsMentioned in 25 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Heart Rhythm Society" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Heart Rhythm Society
- Toggle 1 USCG Request for Public Comment on Medical Waivers for Merchant Mariner Credential Applicants with Anti-Tachycardia Devices or Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Heart Rhythm Society
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2013 Rates; Hospitals’ Resident Caps for Graduate Medical Education Payment Purposes; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers and for Ambulatory Surgical Centers 2012
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Changes to the Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Reporting and Returning of Overpayments 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act: Applicability to Hospital and Critical Access Hospital Inpatients and Hospitals With Specialized Capabilities 2011