Hearst Corporation is a privately-held American-based media conglomerate based in the Hearst Tower in New York City, USA. Founded by William Randolph Hearst as an owner of newspapers, the company's holdings now include a wide variety of media. The Hearst family is involved in the ownership and management of the company.
Campaign Finance$736,973 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Hearst Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Witt O'Brien's LLC $120,000 Witt Group Holdings $80,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Health Issues,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2102 Free Flow of Information Act of 2007 S.1267 Free Flow of Information Act of 2007 S.448 Free Flow of Information Act of 2009 S.799 Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011 H.R.985 Free Flow of Information Act of 2009 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1408 Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1535 Personal Data Protection and Breach Accountability Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 29 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hearst Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Hearst Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hearst Corp
- Toggle 4 FWS Designation of Revised Critical Habitat for the Tidewater Goby 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA Notice of Alternative Policy Options for Managing Capacity at LaGuardia Airport and Proposed Extension of the Lottery Allocation - Phase II 2001
- Toggle 2 EPA EPA Response to ICTA Petition on Nanotechnology 2008
- Toggle 2 FAA Certification of Screening Companies 1999
- Toggle 2 FDA Require Labeling of Trans Fatty Acid & Prohibit Deceptive Claims-CLOSED 1994
- Toggle 1 EPA TX134 Texas Revisions to SIP RE: Reasonably Available Control Technology for the 1997 Eight-Hour Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standard, submitted to EPA June 13, 2007 (TX 246, HGB SIP) and April 6, 2010 (TX-290, HGB SIP) 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To Delist Eureka Valley Evening-primrose and Eureka Valley Dunegrass and Reclassify the Tidewater Goby, San Clemente Island Broom, San Clemente Island Bush-mallow, and San Clemente Island Indian Paintbrush from Endangered to Threatened 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 1 NOAA Office of National Marine Sanctuaries Regulations 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Washington Authorization of State Hazardous Waste Management Program, Revision Authorization Application, Authorization Effective October 16, 1990 2010