HCR Manor Care
Manor Care, Inc., through its operating group HCR Manor Care, is a major provider in the United States of both short-term post-acute and long-term care. As of 2007, it had more than 500 skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, assisted living facilities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care offices, and over 60,000 employees. The company is headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. In July 2007, it agreed to a $4.9 billion buyout offer from the private equity firm Carlyle Group.
Campaign Finance$3,518,691 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Kendrick B. Meek Clifton Porter, Jr. $19,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of HCR Manor Care
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount HCR Manor Care PAC $4,049,500 HCR Manor Care $484,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.2838 Fairness in Nursing Home Arbitration Act H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 S.2499 Medicare, Medicaid, and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007 H.R.1237 Fairness in Nursing Home Arbitration Act of 2009 H.R.4994 Medicare and Medicaid Extenders Act of 2010 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "HCR Manor Care" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for HCR Manor Care
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for HCR Manor Care
- Toggle 3 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Program 2005
- Toggle 2 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Program 2004
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities for FY 2010; Minimum Data Set, Version 3.0 for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Medicaid Nursing Facilities 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 1 CMS Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities--Update for FY 2006 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Area Designations for the 2006 24-Hour PM 2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) 2007