Hartford Financial Services
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: HIG), usually known as The Hartford, is a Fortune 100 company and one of America’s largest investment and insurance companies. With 2009 revenues of $24.7 billion, The Hartford is a leading provider of investment products, life insurance and group benefits; automobile and homeowners products; and business property and casualty insurance. The company’s international operations are in Japan, the United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil and Ireland. The company’s earnings are divided equally between property-and-casualty operations and life operations.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Hartford Financial Services
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Hartford Financial Services $3,850,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1309 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2011 H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.1864 Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act of 2011 S.1091 COASTAL Act of 2011 H.R.529 Savings Enhancement for Education in College Act H.R.677 Lifetime Income Disclosure Act H.R.1063 Strengthening Medicare And Repaying Taxpayers Act of 2011 S.267 Lifetime Income Disclosure Act S.623 Sunshine in Litigation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hartford Financial Services" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hartford Financial Services
- Toggle 1 MSPB Opportunities To File Amicus Briefs 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: C2 Options Exchange, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 1 COLC Remedies for Small Copyright Claims: Additional Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: ICE Clear Credit LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 MCC Quarterly Reports: April 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012 2012