Habitat for Humanity
Habitat For Humanity International (HFHI), generally referred to as Habitat for Humanity or simply Habitat, is an international, ecumenical Christian, non-governmental, non-profit organization devoted to building "simple, decent, and affordable" housing. Homes are built using volunteer labor and are sold at no profit. In locations outside the United States, Habitat for Humanity charges interest to protect against inflation. This policy has been in place since 1986.
Campaign Finance$8,100 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Habitat for Humanity
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Habitat for Humanity $745,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1702 Ending Taxpayer Subsidies for Yachts Act H.R.2180 Shelter, Land, and Urban Management (SLUM) Assistance Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 44 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Habitat for Humanity" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Habitat for Humanity
- Toggle 3 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB 2012 Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB 2012 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z); Loan Originator Compensation 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Habitat for Humanity
- Toggle 13 HUD FR–5563–P–01 Home Investment Partnerships Program: Improving Performance and Accountability; and Updating Property Standards 2011
- Toggle 6 CFPB 2012 Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 5 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2012
- Toggle 5 CFPB 2012 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 5 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 5 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 2 ED Request for Information on Strategies for Improving Outcomes for Disconnected Youth 2012
- Toggle 2 HUD Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA EPA's Role and Responsibilities in Measuring Sustainable Management of Materials and Municipal Solid Waste (MSW), Recycling, and Source Reduction in the U.S. 2011
- Toggle 1 DOE Applications for Long-Term Authorizations to Export Liquefied Natural Gas, etc.: Jordan Cove Energy Project, L.P. 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Habitat for Humanity" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee