Gun Owners of America
Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a gun rights organization in the United States with over 300,000 members. They make efforts to differentiate themselves from the larger National Rifle Association (NRA), and have publicly criticized the NRA on multiple occasions for what the GOA considers to be the selling out of the gun rights movement.
Campaign Finance$1,487,714 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Gun Owners of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Gun Owners of America $27,517,827
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Firearms, Guns & Ammunition,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Government Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.17 Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 H.R.45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 H.R.1074 Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act H.R.1620 Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2009 H.R.1923 Fairness in Firearm Testing Act S.160 District of Columbia House Voting Rights Act of 2009 S.371 Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009 S.556 Firearms Transfer Improvement Act S.669 Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act H.R.2900 Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Gun Owners of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Gun Owners of America
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Gun Owners of America
- Toggle 21 FAA Fire Arms, Less Than Lethal Weapons, and Emergency Services on Commercial Air Flights 2001
- Toggle 15 OSHA EXPLOSIVES 2007
- Toggle 5 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Lead Fishing Sinkers and Ammunition Components 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA State-Issued Driver's Licenses and Comparable Identification Documents 1998