Gulf Power Company (GPC) (NYSE: GUI) is a U.S. investor-owned electric utility with all of its common stock owned by Atlanta based Southern Company. Gulf Power Company is headquartered in Pensacola, Florida, and has a service territory that spans 7,550 square miles (19,600 km2), through 10 counties and 71 towns in northwest Florida. They own 1,600 miles (2,600 km) of transmission lines and 7,636 miles (12,289 km) of distribution lines (1,748 underground) that stretch from the western Alabama border to the Apalachicola River and from the northern Alabama border to the Gulf of Mexico. Gulf Power serves 394,772 retail customers directly and another 14,128 customers through the wholesale delivery of electricity to one investor-owned electric utility and one municipality.
Campaign Finance$193,400 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 72 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Gulf Power" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Gulf Power
- Toggle 10 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA Federal Implementation Plan and Revisions to Regional Haze Provisions Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Determinations 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Virginia- State Implementation Plan (SIP) and Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Analysis and Permit for Regional Haze 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA West Virginia- State Implementation Plan (SIP) for Regional Haze 2011
- Toggle 3 State Implementation Plans: Response to Petition for Rulemaking; Findings of Substantial Inadequacy; and SIP Calls to Amend Provisions Applying to Excess Emissions During Periods of Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction 2012
- Toggle 2 Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
Federal Spending3 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Gulf Power Company||2011||UPGRADE DDC CONTROLLERS AT EGLIN AFB||$6,724,000|
|Gulf Power Company||2012||ENERGY SAVINGS PROJECTS||$3,591,122|
|Gulf Power Company||2011||AWARD OF TASK ORDER||$2,612,118|