Guardian Industries is a privately-held industrial manufacturer of glass, automotive and building products based in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Campaign Finance$1,841,348 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Guardian Industries
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Automotive Industry,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Foreign Relations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2098 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.5019 Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010 H.R.3321 H.R.6049 Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008 H.R.2831 Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2007 H.R.3 Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users H.R.6 Energy Policy Act of 2005 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.4853 Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 135 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Guardian Industries" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Guardian Industries
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Guardian Industrial Corporation Receipt of Application for Determination of Inconsequential Noncompliance 2002
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 CPSC Petition: Requesting Rulemaking to Revise Test Procedures for Glazing Materials in Architectural Products 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Comment Request on Cargo Securing Methods for Packages in Transport Vehicles or Freight Containers 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. - Frequency Allocation - Detroit-Sao Paulo, Brazil 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Guardian Industries
- Toggle 17 EPA Area Source NESHAP for Glass Manufacturing 2006
- Toggle 5 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA Land Disposal Restrictions: Site-Specific Treatment Variances for Heritage Environmental Services LLC and Chemical Waste Management, Chemical Services, Inc. 2004
- Toggle 5 NHTSA Guardian Industrial Corporation Receipt of Application for Determination of Inconsequential Noncompliance 2002
- Toggle 3 EPA Land Disposal Restrictions: Site-Specific Treatment Variances for Heritage Environmental Services LLC and Chemical Waste Management Inc. 2003
- Toggle 3 EPA Wool Fiberglass Manufacturing NESHAP Risk and Technology Review 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Proposed Approval South Coast Rule 317 submitted April 22 2011 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Solicitation of Proposals from Interested Communities 2002
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 Pennsylvania- Allegheny County- Reasonably Available Control Technology (RACT) SIP for the 8-Hour Ozone Standard 2013
Advisory Committees2 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Guardian Industries" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 3 committees