Greenberg Traurig LLP
Greenberg Traurig LLP and Greenberg Traurig PA is an international law firm with approximately 1,800 attorneys and governmental professionals in 32 locations in the United States, Europe and Asia. Its founding office is in Miami, Florida with its largest office in New York City. In the U.K., the firm operates as Greenberg Traurig Maher LLP. Additionally, Greenberg Traurig, LLP has strategic alliances with the following independent law firms: Studio Santa Maria in Milan and Rome, and W’Law Weber Wicki Partners Ltd. in Zurich. In Asia, the firm maintains an office in Shanghai, China. Greenberg Traurig is the seventh largest American law firm based on number of lawyers. Greenberg Traurig is managed by its Chief Executive Officer, Richard A. Rosenbaum; its Executive Chairman, Cesar L. Alvarez; its President, Matthew Gorson; and its Chairman and Founder, Larry J. Hoffman.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Greenberg Traurig LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Interactive Gaming Council $1,345,000 China Copyright Alliance $880,000 Smith & Wesson $720,000 Single Stick Inc $700,000 Group MENATEP $560,000 DIRECTV Group $400,000 Miami-Dade County, FL $400,000 Toyota Motor Manufacturing $380,000 Natl Assn Of Prof Background Screeners $360,000 Business Roundtable $360,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Law Enforcement & Crime
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2266 Reasonable Prudence in Regulation Act H.R.2267 Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act H.R.2268 Internet Gambling Regulation and Tax Enforcement Act of 2009 S.1597 Internet Poker and Game of Skill Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act of 2009 S.40 Fossil Creek Wild and Scenic River Act H.R.5019 Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010 S.3177 Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 1, 2013 Serco Group Implementation of Patient Protection and Affordable Act. Veterans employment and hiring issues. View registration April 18, 2013 Kroger Corporation Implementation guidance View registration April 15, 2013 TechServe Alliance Immigration Reform View registration April 15, 2013 Essential Worker Immigration Coalition Immigration issues and Immigration Reform View registration April 15, 2013 National Rifle Association, Institute for Legislative Action Firearms and gun control legislation View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 17 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Greenberg Traurig LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Toggle 6 USTR Section 421 Dispute: China Tires 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR IMPORT STATISTICS RELATING TO COMPETITIVE NEED LIMITATIONS (CNLs); INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT ON CNL WAIVERS SUBJECT TO POTENTIAL REVOCATION BASED ON NEW STATUTORY THRESHOLDS, POSSIBLE DE MINIMIS WAIVERS, AND PRODUCT REDESIGNATIONS FOR THE 2008 ANNUAL REVIEW 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Toggle 7 USTR Section 421 Dispute: China Tires 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 2 CPSC Interpretation of "Children's Products" 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Programs; Additional Screening Requirements, Application Fees, Temporary Enrollment Moratoria Payment Suspensions and Compliance Plans for Providers and Suppliers 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5180–F–04 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA): Rule To Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages and Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs; Deferred Applicability Date for the Revised Definition of ‘‘Required Use’’ 2009
- Toggle 1 PHMSA In the Matter of SGS U.S. Testing Company, Inc. 2009
- Toggle 1 EBSA PTE 2011-01 Wasatch Advisers, Inc. [Application No. D-11400] 2010
- Toggle 1 EBSA Retirement Plan for Employees of the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago [Application No. D-11585] 2010
- Toggle 1 EBSA Withdrawal of the Notice of Proposed Exemption Chrysler Group LLC and Daimler AG [Application No. D-11603-07] 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Greenberg Traurig LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 3 committees