Greenberg Traurig LLP
Greenberg Traurig LLP and Greenberg Traurig PA is an international law firm with approximately 1,800 attorneys and governmental professionals in 32 locations in the United States, Europe and Asia. Its founding office is in Miami, Florida with its largest office in New York City. In the U.K., the firm operates as Greenberg Traurig Maher LLP. Additionally, Greenberg Traurig, LLP has strategic alliances with the following independent law firms: Studio Santa Maria in Milan and Rome, and W’Law Weber Wicki Partners Ltd. in Zurich. In Asia, the firm maintains an office in Shanghai, China. Greenberg Traurig is the seventh largest American law firm based on number of lawyers. Greenberg Traurig is managed by its Chief Executive Officer, Richard A. Rosenbaum; its Executive Chairman, Cesar L. Alvarez; its President, Matthew Gorson; and its Chairman and Founder, Larry J. Hoffman.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$14,016,396 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Greenberg Traurig LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Sprenger & Lang $9,750,000 Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians $6,520,000 Coushatta Tribe of Louisiana $6,120,000 Interactive Gaming Council $4,825,000 Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe $4,270,000 Miami-Dade County, FL $3,200,000 Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians $3,160,000 China Copyright Alliance $2,440,000 International Interactive Alliance $2,300,000 Smith & Wesson $2,270,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1174 Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act H.R.2266 Reasonable Prudence in Regulation Act H.R.2267 Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act H.R.2268 Internet Gambling Regulation and Tax Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.2366 Internet Gambling Prohibition, Poker Consumer Protection, and Strengthening UIGEA Act of 2011 S.1597 Internet Poker and Game of Skill Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.2091 (Unknown)
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 5, 2015 Port of Houston Authority Monitor legislative, administrative and regulatory activity related to shipping and Port Authority matters. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 251 dockets; Submitted to 50 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Greenberg Traurig LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Toggle 7 DOT Centurion Air Cargo, Inc - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico Scheduled All-Cargo Services 2005
- Toggle 6 USTR Section 421 Dispute: China Tires 2009
- Toggle 5 FDA Opportunity for Hearing on a Proposal to Withdraw Approval of Prescription Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Abbreviated New Drug Applications. 2008
- Toggle 4 DOT Capital Cargo International Airlines, Inc. - Exemption/Designation - U.S.-Mexico All-Cargo Service 2005
- Toggle 4 DOT 2006 U.S.-Mexico All Cargo Service Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 3 DOT Florida West International Airways, Inc. - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico 2005
- Toggle 2 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. d/b/a US Airways - Exemption - United States-Ireland/Spain/UK 2005
- Toggle 2 DOT American West Airlines, Inc., Mesa Airlines, Inc. and Freedom Airlines, Inc. - Statement of Authorization - LAX-PHX; LAX-YEG 2004
- Toggle 2 DOT America West Airlines, Inc., US Airways, Inc. and PSA Airlines, Inc. - Transfer of Certificate Authority 2005
- Toggle 2 DOT North American Airlines, Inc. - Statement of Authorization - Port au Prince, Haiti and New York, New York 2002
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Toggle 10 DOT Centurion Air Cargo, Inc - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico Scheduled All-Cargo Services 2005
- Toggle 8 DOT Northwest Airlines, Inc. and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - Exemptions/Statements of Authorization - U.S.-Netherlands 2003
- Toggle 8 DOT USA 3000 Airlines - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico Scheduled Service 2004
- Toggle 8 DOT USA 3000 Airlines - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico Scheduled Service 2002
- Toggle 8 DOT Compania Mexicana de Aviacion, S.A. de C.V. and Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemptions/Statements of Authorization - Mexico City-Boston, MA; San Jose del Cabo-Ontario, CA; Guadalajara-Portland, OR/Sacramento/San Jose, CA 2004
- Toggle 7 USTR Section 421 Dispute: China Tires 2009
- Toggle 6 DOT Korean Air Lines Co., Ltd. and Northwest Airlines, Inc. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - U.S.-Republic of Korea 2004
- Toggle 6 FDA Opportunity for Hearing on a Proposal to Withdraw Approval of Prescription Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Abbreviated New Drug Applications. 2008
- Toggle 6 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2004
- Toggle 6 DOT USA 3000 Airlines - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico Scheduled Service 2005
Advisory Committees3 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Greenberg Traurig LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 4 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee