Goodyear Tire & Rubber
Campaign Finance$2,405,933 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Goodyear Tire & Rubber
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Goodyear Tire & Rubber $26,210,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Automotive Industry,
- Roads & Highways,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.5658 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.3001 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.3326 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.4850 American Job Creation and Investment Act H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 147 dockets; Submitted to 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Goodyear Tire & Rubber" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Goodyear Tire & Rubber
- Toggle 2 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company; Receipt of Application for Inconsequential Noncompliance 2002
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Tire Fuel Efficiency Consumer Information - Part 2 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Tire Load Rating Tables 2000
- Toggle 1 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards: Brake Hoses 2003
- Toggle 1 FAA 2009-NM-049-AD Learjet Model 60 Airplanes 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Receipt of Application of The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company for Decision of Inconsequential Noncompliance 2003
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Petition for Determination of Inconsequential Noncompliance 2004
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Program 2005
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Goodyear Tire & Rubber
- Toggle 15 EPA National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Reinforced Plastic Composites Production 2003
- Toggle 10 NHTSA Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) 2000
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Rollover Prevention 1996
- Toggle 6 EPA Federal Implementation Plans to Reduce the Regional Transport of Ozone in the Eastern United States; Proposed Rule 2001
- Toggle 6 OSHA VINYL CHLORIDE 2006
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Improved Tire Safety Standards - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS No.139) 2000
- Toggle 5 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company 2001
- Toggle 4 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Standards Enforcement and Defect Investigation - Defect and Noncompliance Reports - Record Retention - Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2001
- Toggle 4 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Reinforced Plastic Composites Production. 2001
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Receipt of Petition for Decision of Noncompliance regarding Goodyear G622 LR-F Commercial Trucks 2010
|2008||$1,000,000||Goodyear Tire & Rubber: Warfighter Sustainment Applied Research -- Advanced Reinforced Materials and New Materials Research for Aircraft Tires|
Federal Spending34 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2002||$21,301,075|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2002||$9,943,397|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2002||$8,218,111|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2002||$5,959,462|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2001||$5,240,419|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2002||$4,962,343|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2002||$4,444,677|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2002||$4,388,436|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2002||$3,243,537|
|Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||2001||$2,397,774|
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Industrial Excess Landfill||The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (+4 others)||2005||Uniontown, Oh||$24,425,000|
|West Site/Hows Corner Superfund Site||Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co/Kelly Springfield Co (+81 others)||2010||Plymouth, Me||$11,200,000|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Goodyear Tire & Tubber Company (The) (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
|Hows Corner/West Site||Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co / Kelly-Springfield Co (+83 others)||2004||Plymouth, Me||$2,000,000|
|Pcb Treatment, Inc.||Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (+381 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks; ...||$1,916,377|
Advisory Committees4 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Goodyear Tire & Rubber" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 4 people on 1 committee