Gonzaga University is a private Catholic university located in Spokane, Washington, United States. Founded in 1887 by the Society of Jesus, it is one of 28 member institutions of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities and is named after the young Jesuit saint, Aloysius Gonzaga. The campus houses 105 buildings across 131 acres (437,000 m²) of grassland along the Spokane River, in a residential setting half a mile (800 m) from downtown Spokane. The university was founded by Father Joseph Cataldo, SJ, an Italian-born priest and missionary who wished to create a Catholic school in the Pacific Northwest for local Native Americans.
Campaign Finance$3,451 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Gonzaga University
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Veterans Affairs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3826 To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to extend the reduced interest rate for Federal Direct Stafford Loans. S.2051 A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to extend the reduced interest rate for Federal Direct Stafford Loans.
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Gonzaga University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Gonzaga University
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 3 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Private Education Loans and Private Educational Lenders 2011
- Toggle 1 ACF CFSR Public Comment 2011
- Toggle 1 FNS National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Certain New Chemicals; Receipt and Status Information 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Electronic Fund Transfers 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 DOE Environmental Impact Statements; Availability, etc.: Disposal of GTCC Low-Level Radioactive Waste and GTCC-Like Waste 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Gonzaga University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee