Genworth Financial (NYSE: GNW) is a Fortune 500 global financial security company that specializes in life and long term care insurance, wealth management, mortgage insurance, lifestyle protection insurance, annuities, and senior supplement insurance. Genworth‘s heritage dates back to 1871.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Genworth Financial
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Genworth Financial $9,230,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 S.3085 Responsible Homeowners Refinancing Act of 2012 H.R.4264 FHA Emergency Fiscal Solvency Act of 2012 H.R.1222 GSE Subsidy Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.1224 GSE Portfolio Risk Reduction Act of 2011 S.693 GSE Bailout Elimination and Taxpayer Protection Act H.R.1223 GSE Credit Risk Equitable Treatment Act of 2011 H.R.1227 GSE Risk and Activities Limitation Act of 2011 S.738 Health Outcomes, Planning, and Education for Alzheimer's Act H.R.1173 Fiscal Responsibility and Retirement Security Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Genworth Financial" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Genworth Financial
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Genworth Financial
- Toggle 18 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 15 HUD Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 5 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 2 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 2 CFPB Consumer Use of Reverse Mortgages 2012
- Toggle 2 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 2 TREAS Public Input on the Report to Congress on How to Modernize and Improve the System of Insurance Regulation in the United States 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: International Securities Exchange, LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information on Consumer Financial Products and Services Offered to Servicemembers 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2012