Genworth Financial (NYSE: GNW) is a Fortune 500 global financial security company that specializes in life and long term care insurance, wealth management, mortgage insurance, lifestyle protection insurance, annuities, and senior supplement insurance. Genworth‘s heritage dates back to 1871.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Genworth Financial
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Genworth Financial $7,430,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.1852 Expanding American Homeownership Act of 2007 S.2338 FHA Modernization Act of 2007 H.R.1427 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2007 H.R.2205 Retirement Security for Life Act of 2007 S.1010 Retirement Security for Life Act of 2007 S.1100 Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3915 Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act of 2007 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 S.2452 Home Ownership Preservation and Protection Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Genworth Financial" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Genworth Financial
- Toggle 2 HUD FR-5180-P-01 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA): Proposed Rule To Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages and Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs 2008
- Toggle 1 EBSA Selection of Annuity Providers for Individual Account Plans 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 1 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
- Toggle 1 SEC Emergency Order Pursuant to Section 12(k)(2) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Taking Temporary Action to Respond to Market Developments 2008
- Toggle 1 HUD FR-5171-N-01 Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Single Family Mortgage Insurance: Announcement of Planned Implementation of Risk-Based Premiums 2007
- Toggle 1 FTC Premerger notification waiting periods; early terminations 2007
- Toggle 1 EBSA Investment Advice—Participants and Beneficiaries 2008