Genesis HealthCare Corporation is a United States based long-term care provider. As of 2008, Genesis operates 200 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 13 eastern states. Genesis provides contract rehabilitation therapy to over 650 skilled nursing facilities, assisted living residences, retirement communities, hospitals, home care companies, adult daycare programs and outpatient clinics in 18 states and the District of Columbia. As of 2008, Genesis had more than 36,000 employees. Genesis HealthCare is headquartered in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. On July 13, 2007, Formation Capital and JER Partners completed the acquisition of Genesis HealthCare Corporation.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Genesis HealthCare
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Genesis HealthCare $2,042,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011 H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.674 3% Withholding Repeal and Job Creation Act H.R.1546 Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act of 2011 H.R.3765 Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 H.R.4628 Interest Rate Reduction Act H.R.5652 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Genesis HealthCare" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Genesis HealthCare
- Toggle 2 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities; Disclosures of Ownership and Additional Disclosable Parties Information 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Scope, Methods, and Data Sources for Conducting Study of Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011