Genesee & Wyoming
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE: GWR) is a short-line railroad holding company that owns or maintains interests in 47 railroads throughout six countries (the United States, Canada, Bolivia, Australia, Mexico, and Netherlands), and operates more than 5,700 miles (9,200 km) of owned and leased track, with more than 3,500 miles (5,600 km) under additional track-access arrangements. The company had its roots in the Class III Genesee and Wyoming Railroad, which began in 1894.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Genesee & Wyoming
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Genesee & Wyoming $850,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Roads & Highways
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.721 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 S.672 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 H.R.1574 Safe Highways and Infrastructure Preservation Act S.876 Safe Highways and Infrastructure Preservation Act H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.801 Truck Weight Uniformity Act of 2011 S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.112 A bill to authorize the application of State law with respect to vehicle weight limitations on the Interstate Highway System in the States of Maine and Vermont. S.158 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.747 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Genesee & Wyoming" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Genesee & Wyoming
- Toggle 1 STB Acquisition of Control Exemption: Genesee and Wyoming Inc.from Arizona Eastern Railway Co. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Control Exemptions: GWI Voting Trust and R. Lawrence McCaffery, Voting Trustee; RailAmerica, Inc., et al. 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Lease and Operation Exemptions: Columbus and Chattahoochee Railroad, Inc.; Norfolk Southern Railway Co. 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Grantings of Requests for Early Terminations of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Lease and Operation Exemptions: Hilton and Albany Railroad, Inc. from Norfolk Southern Railway Co. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Control Exemptions: Genesee and Wyoming Inc., Columbus and Chattahoochee Railroad, Inc.; Continuance 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Continuance in Control Exemptions: Genesee and Wyoming Inc., from Hilton and Albany Railroad, Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Control: Genesee and Wyoming Inc. of RailAmerica, Inc., et al. 2012