Generic Pharmaceutical Assn
Campaign Finance$422,021 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Generic Pharmaceutical Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Generic Pharmaceutical Assn $16,209,192
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1427 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act S.726 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.623 Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act S.44 Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2011 S.373 Fair Prescription Drug Competition Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary Sept. 25, 2013 Baker, Donelson et al Patent settlements, Track and Trade Legislation, Biosimilars View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 97 dockets; Submitted to 35 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Generic Pharmaceutical Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Generic Pharmaceutical Assn
- Toggle 3 APHIS Implementation of Revised Lacey Act Provisions 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Labeling for Human Prescription Drug/Biologic Products-CLOSED 2000
- Toggle 2 NIH Public Meeting on Expansion of the Clinical Trial Registry and Results Data Bank 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Request for Comment on Generic Drug Issues 2004
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Format and Content of Proposed Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS), REMS Assessments, and Proposed REMS Modifications; Availability 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Requirements for Foreign and Domestic Establishment Registration and Listing for Human Drugs, Including Drugs that are Regulated Under a Biologics License Application, and Animal Drugs 2005
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Determination of System Attributes for the Tracking and Tracing of Prescription Drugs; Public Workshop 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Generic Pharmaceutical Assn
- Toggle 10 FDASIA Title VII – Drug Supply Chain; Standards for Admission of Imported Drugs, Registration of Commercial Importers and Good Importer Practices; Notice of Public Meeting; Request for Comment 2013
- Toggle 8 FDA Generic Drug User Fee; Public Meeting 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA Stay any Approvals of an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Vancocin Capsules - CLOSED 2006
- Toggle 5 FDA Request for Comment on Generic Drug Issues 2004
- Toggle 4 FDA Request that FDA Confirm That it Will not Accept for Filing,File, Approve or Discuss With any Prospective Applicant a Product That Cites, as its Reference Product, BLA 125057 for Humira® (adalimumab) or Any other Product for which BLA was Submitted to FDA Prior March 23, 2010 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Requirements for Foreign and Domestic Establishment Registration and Listing for Human Drugs, Including Drugs that are Regulated Under a Biologics License Application, and Animal Drugs 2005
- Toggle 4 NIH Public Meeting on Expansion of the Clinical Trial Registry and Results Data Bank 2009
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicaid Program; Covered Outpatient Drugs (CMS-2345-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Guidances Relating to the Development of Biosimilar Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2011