Gas Technology Institute
The Gas Technology Institute is an American non-profit research and development organization which develops, demonstrates, and licenses new energy technologies for private and public clients, with a particular focus on the natural gas industry. GTI is located in Des Plaines, Illinois.
Campaign Finance$1,700 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Gas Technology Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Gas Technology Institute $1,151,105
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1158 Biogas Production Incentive Act of 2009 S.306 Biogas Production Incentive Act of 2009 H.R.5607 SOS Act S.3497 Oil Spill Prevention and Mitigation Improvement Act of 2010 H.R.2766 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.5062 Unconventional Domestic Natural Gas Research and Development Act S.3509 Safer Oil and Gas Production Research and Development Act of 2010 H.R.469 Produced Water Utilization Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 35 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Gas Technology Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Gas Technology Institute
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of Statement of Policy for Adopting Full-Fuel-Cycle Analyses into Energy Conservation Standards Program. 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Fossil Fuel-Generated Energy Consumption Reduction for New Federal Buildings and Major Renovations of Federal Buildings 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Building Energy Standards Program: Preliminary Determination Regarding Energy Efficiency Improvements in the Energy Standard for Buildings, Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings, ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Gas Technology Institute
- Toggle 14 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Systems Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2009
- Toggle 12 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 8 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of Statement of Policy for Adopting Full-Fuel-Cycle Analyses into Energy Conservation Standards Program. 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Revisions to Motor Vehicle Fuel Economy Label 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA General Solicitation for Data Related to Hydraulic Fracturing 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 2 EERE Fossil Fuel-Generated Energy Consumption Reduction for New Federal Buildings and Major Renovations of Federal Buildings 2010
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Request for Modification of Condition 35 (Coating Assessment) Special Permit Docket No. PHMSA-2007-29078 2009
Gas Technology Institute:
Advanced Power Generation Unit for Military Applications
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Gas Technology Institute" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee