Gas Technology Institute
The Gas Technology Institute is an American non-profit research and development organization which develops, demonstrates, and licenses new energy technologies for private and public clients, with a particular focus on the natural gas industry. GTI is located in Des Plaines, Illinois.
Campaign Finance$51,050 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Gas Technology Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Gas Technology Institute $3,605,071
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Natural Resources,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Science & Technology,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1158 Biogas Production Incentive Act of 2009 H.R.2339 Produced Water Utilization Act of 2008 S.306 Biogas Production Incentive Act of 2009 H.R.2304 Advanced Geothermal Energy Research and Development Act of 2007 H.R.2483 Produced Water Utilization Act of 2007 H.R.2773 Biofuels Research and Development Enhancement Act S.731 National Carbon Dioxide Storage Capacity Assessment Act of 2007 S.962 Department of Energy Carbon Capture and Storage Research, Development, and Demonstration Act of 2007 S.917 Outer Continental Shelf Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2766 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 165 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Gas Technology Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Gas Technology Institute
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Boilers [69FR45420] (EERE-2001-STD-0102) 2006
- Toggle 1 EERE Building Energy Codes Program: Workshop on Analysis of Standard 90.1-1999 2006
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Efficiency Program: Test Procedures for Residential Water Heaters, Direct Heating Equipment and Pool Heaters 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of Statement of Policy for Adopting Full-Fuel-Cycle Analyses into Energy Conservation Standards Program. 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces 2014
- Toggle 1 EERE Fossil Fuel-Generated Energy Consumption Reduction for New Federal Buildings and Major Renovations of Federal Buildings 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Commercial Building Asset Rating 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Polyamide-11 (PA-11) Plastic Pipe Design Pressures Gas Pipelines 2005
- Toggle 1 EERE Definition for Zero Energy Buildings 2014
- Toggle 1 EERE Building Energy Standards Program: Preliminary Determination Regarding Energy Efficiency Improvements in the Energy Standard for Buildings, Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings, ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Gas Technology Institute
- Toggle 23 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Pipeline Integrity Management of Natural Gas In High Consequence Areas 2000
- Toggle 14 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Systems Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2009
- Toggle 14 PHMSA Polyamide-11 (PA-11) Plastic Pipe Design Pressures Gas Pipelines 2005
- Toggle 14 EPA Underground Injection Control; Request for Information on Ground Water Contamination Incidents Believed to be Due to Hydraulic Fracturing of Coalbed Methane Wells. 2001
- Toggle 12 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 12 EERE Energy Efficiency Standards for Pool Heaters, Direct Heating Equipment and Water Heaters [72FR4219] (EE-2006-STD-0129) 2006
- Toggle 9 EPA Preliminary 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2008
- Toggle 8 EPA General Solicitation for Data Related to Hydraulic Fracturing 2010
- Toggle 8 EPA Standards of Performance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Existing Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units 2013
- Toggle 8 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of Statement of Policy for Adopting Full-Fuel-Cycle Analyses into Energy Conservation Standards Program. 2010
Gas Technology Institute:
Advanced Power Generation Unit for Military Applications
Federal Spending3 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Gas Technology Institute||2001||Environmental Protection Agency||DEMONSTRATION OF THERMAL DEPOLYMERIZATION AND CHEMICAL REFORMATION||$4,989,000|
|Gas Technology Institute||2002||Energy, Department Of||AGRICULTURAL MIXED WASTE BIOREFINERY USING THE THERMO-DEPOLYMERIZATION TECHNOLOGY||$1,860,900|
|Gas Technology Institute||2003||Environmental Protection Agency||AGRICULTURAL MIXED WASTE BIOREFINERY USING THERMAL-DEPOLYMERIZATION (TDP) TECHNOLOGY||$1,000,000|
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Gas Technology Institute" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 3 people on 3 committees