Gannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a publicly-traded media holding company headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia, United States, near McLean. It is the largest U.S. newspaper publisher as measured by total daily circulation. Its assets include the national newspaper USA Today and the weekly USA Weekend. Its largest non-national newspaper is The Arizona Republic in Phoenix, Arizona. Other significant newspapers include The Indianapolis Star, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Tennessean in Nashville, Tennessee, The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky, The Des Moines Register, the Detroit Free Press and The News-Press in Fort Myers. Gannett also owns 23 television stations and holds substantial properties in digital media including PointRoll, BNQT Media Group, Ripple6 and ShopLocal.
Campaign Finance$5,150 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Gannett Co
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 H.R.3570 Satellite Home Viewer Update and Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.1670 Satellite Television Modernization Act of 2009 H.R.1860 Four Corners Television Access Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.5175 Democracy is Strengthened by Casting Light on Spending in Elections Act S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 S.3333 Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2010 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Gannett Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Gannett Co
- Toggle 2 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR Section 421 Dispute: China Tires 2009
- Toggle 1 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
- Toggle 1 FSIS Notice of Request for a New Information Collection (Industry Responses to Noncompliance Records) 2009