Gannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a publicly-traded media holding company headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia, United States, near McLean. It is the largest U.S. newspaper publisher as measured by total daily circulation. Its assets include the national newspaper USA Today and the weekly USA Weekend. Its largest non-national newspaper is The Arizona Republic in Phoenix, Arizona. Other significant newspapers include The Indianapolis Star, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Tennessean in Nashville, Tennessee, The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky, The Des Moines Register, the Detroit Free Press and The News-Press in Fort Myers. Gannett also owns 23 television stations and holds substantial properties in digital media including PointRoll, BNQT Media Group, Ripple6 and ShopLocal.
Campaign Finance$183,769 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Gannett Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Gannett Co $3,680,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.607 Broadband for First Responders Act of 2011 S.28 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act S.911 SPECTRUM Act H.R.2482 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act S.1549 American Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.3060 Economic Growth and Reducing Unemployment Act H.R.3509 Wireless Innovation and Public Safety Act of 2011 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 23 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Gannett Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Gannett Co
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Gannett Co
- Toggle 3 EPA LA021 Louisiana Revisions to SIP-Approved Rules in LAC Title 33, Environmental Quality, Part III, Air, submitted to EPA between 1996 and 2006 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 2 FRA Use of Locomotive Horns and Grade Crossings 1999
- Toggle 2 OSHA WALKING AND WORKING SURFACES SUBPART D 2006
- Toggle 1 DOE Applications for Long-Term Authorizations to Export Liquefied Natural Gas, etc.: Jordan Cove Energy Project, L.P. 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT Policy Statement Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Practices - Statement of Enforcement Policy Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Conduct 1998
- Toggle 1 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Trunk Entrapments 1999
- Toggle 1 FAA Proposed Reservation System for Unscheduled Arrivals at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport 2004
- Toggle 1 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Aqua-Tech Environmental, Inc. (Prn)||Gannett Pacific Corp) (+169 others)||2006||Greer, Sc||$9,170,528|
|Casmalia Resources - Abc Unified School District||Gannett Co Inc (+256 others)||2006||Casmalia, Ca||$4,346,984|