Futures Industry Assn
The Futures Industry Association (FIA) is a trade association in the United States composed of futures commission merchants. A futures commission merchant is analogous to a broker; they are entities that accept orders and payment for commodity futures for execution on a futures exchange. The FIA states that it believes its regular members are responsible for more than 80% of the customer business transacted on US futures exchanges.
Campaign Finance$409,950 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Futures Industry Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Futures Industry Assn $1,422,071
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3997 Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2007 S.3478 Energy Independence and Investment Act of 2008 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.3997 H.R.6044 S.1566 Commodity Exchange Reauthorization Act of 2005 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 S.3268 Stop Excessive Energy Speculation Act of 2008 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 S.2302 Food and Energy Security Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 116 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Futures Industry Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Futures Industry Assn
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Futures Industry Assn
- Toggle 3 FINCEN Customer Due Diligence Requirements for Financial Institutions 2012
- Toggle 2 IRS Swap Exclusion for Section 1256 Contracts 2011
- Toggle 2 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 1 CFTC Orders, Proposed Interpretive: Antidisruptive Practices Authority 2011
- Toggle 1 CFTC Swap Data Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements: Pre-Enactment and Transition Swaps 2012
- Toggle 1 CFTC Exemption From Registration for Certain Foreign Persons 2007
- Toggle 1 Concept Release on Risk Controls and System Safeguards for Automated Trading Environments 2013
- Toggle 1 CFTC Swap Transaction Compliance and Implementation Schedule: Clearing and Trade Execution Requirements under Section 2(h) of CEA 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Prohibitions on Market Manipulation 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Joint Final Rules: Application of the Definition of Narrow-Based Security Index to Debt Securities Indexes and Security Futures on Debt Securities 2006