Fresenius Medical Care
Fresenius Medical Care is a German company specializing in the production of medical supplies, primarily to facilitate or aid renal dialysis. It is 36%-owned by the health care company Fresenius. The company was formed in 1996 from the merger of Fresenius Worldwide Dialysis, then a division of Fresenius SE, and American company National Medical Care. This sector is very complex, and has many different divisions, each with a number of plants.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Fresenius Medical Care
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Fresenius Medical Care North America $8,741,591 Fresenius Medical Care North America $8,741,591
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011 H.R.488 Save Our Medical Devices Act of 2011 H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.734 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the medical device tax, and for other purposes. H.R.3082 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2010, Part II H.R.3765 Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 31 dockets; Submitted to 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Fresenius Medical Care" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Fresenius Medical Care
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS State Requirements for Exchange--Reinsurance and Risk Adjustments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Responding to Unsolicited Requests for Off-Label Information About Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA ANDA 20-2820 by Cypress Pharmaceuticals Inc. Should Not be Approvable as an ANDA Unless the Conditions Specified in This Petition Are Satisfied 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Taxable Medical Devices 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Fresenius Medical Care
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System for CY 2012, End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program for PY 2013 and PY 2014; Ambulance Fee Schedule; and Durable Medical Equipment 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System, Quality Incentive Program, and Bad Debt Reductions for all Medicare Providers 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA ANDA 20-2820 by Cypress Pharmaceuticals Inc. Should Not be Approvable as an ANDA Unless the Conditions Specified in This Petition Are Satisfied 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Reporting and Returning of Overpayments 2012
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Regulatory Provisions to Promote Program Efficiency, Transparency, and Burden Reduction 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA None Unknown