Fresenius Medical Care
Fresenius Medical Care is a German company specializing in the production of medical supplies, primarily to facilitate or aid renal dialysis. It is 36%-owned by the health care company Fresenius. The company was formed in 1996 from the merger of Fresenius Worldwide Dialysis, then a division of Fresenius SE, and American company National Medical Care. This sector is very complex, and has many different divisions, each with a number of plants.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Fresenius Medical Care
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Fresenius Medical Care North America $7,895,640 Fresenius Medical Care North America $7,895,640
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Government Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act S.3677 Judiciary Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 34 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Fresenius Medical Care" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Fresenius Medical Care
- Toggle 1 FSIS Product Name Requirements for Raw Meat and Poultry Products Containing Added Solutions (Enhanced Meat and Poultry Products) 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Experimental Study of Nutrition Facts Label Formats - CLOSED 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Preexisting Condition Exclusions, Lifetime and Annual Limits, Rescissions, and PatientProtections 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Early Retiree Reinsurance Program 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Fresenius Medical Care
- Toggle 9 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System 2009
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Proposed Changes to the ASC Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates (PART OF CMS-1506-P) 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies and Five-Year Review of Relative Value Units Under the Physician Fee Schedule for CY 2007 and Other Changes to Payment Under Part B; Revisions to Ambulance Fee Schedule; Ambulatory Inflation Factor Update for CY 2007 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Calendar Year 2005 Payment rates 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Quality Incentives in the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Program 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2010 2009