Fresenius Medical Care
Fresenius Medical Care is a German company specializing in the production of medical supplies, primarily to facilitate or aid renal dialysis. It is 36%-owned by the health care company Fresenius. The company was formed in 1996 from the merger of Fresenius Worldwide Dialysis, then a division of Fresenius SE, and American company National Medical Care. This sector is very complex, and has many different divisions, each with a number of plants.
Campaign Finance$2,025,372 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Fresenius Medical Care
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Fresenius Medical Care North America $21,446,688 Fresenius Medical Care North America $21,446,688
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.R.976 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 S.1893 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.1193 Kidney Care Quality and Education Act of 2007 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 92 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Fresenius Medical Care" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Fresenius Medical Care
- Toggle 40 FDA Food Labeling: Revision of Reference Values and Mandatory Nutrients; Extension of Comment Period 2008
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 FDA Declare that Calcium Acetate (calcium acetate) Oral Solution, 667 mg/5mL is suitable for submission as an ANDA 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 FSIS Product Name Requirements for Raw Meat and Poultry Products Containing Added Solutions (Enhanced Meat and Poultry Products) 2010
- Toggle 1 IRS Witholding Under Internal Revenue Code Section 3402(t) 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry Describing Product-Specific Bioequivalence Recommendations 2007
- Toggle 1 HHS State Requirements for Exchange--Reinsurance and Risk Adjustments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Experimental Study of Nutrition Facts Label Formats - CLOSED 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Fresenius Medical Care
- Toggle 41 FDA Food Labeling: Revision of Reference Values and Mandatory Nutrients; Extension of Comment Period 2008
- Toggle 16 CY 2014 Changes to the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System, End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program, and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) CMS-1526-P 2013
- Toggle 11 DOT None Unknown
- Toggle 9 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System 2009
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System for CY 2012, End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program for PY 2013 and PY 2014; Ambulance Fee Schedule; and Durable Medical Equipment 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System, Quality Incentive Program, and Bad Debt Reductions for all Medicare Providers 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Fresenius Medical Care" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee