The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC), known as Freddie Mac (OTCBB: FMCC), is a public government sponsored enterprise (GSE), headquartered in the Tyson's Corner CDP in unincorporated Fairfax County, Virginia.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Freddie Mac
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Freddie Mac $14,280,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1427 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 S.1100 Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2007 H.R.1852 Expanding American Homeownership Act of 2007 S.1178 Identity Theft Prevention Act S.2391 Government Sponsored Enterprise Mission Improvement Act H.R.3777 Protecting Access to Safe Mortgages Act H.R.220 Identity Theft Prevention Act of 2007 H.R.2761 Terrorism Risk Insurance Revision and Extension Act of 2007 H.R.3046 Social Security Number Privacy and Identity Theft Prevention Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 130 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Freddie Mac" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Freddie Mac
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Freddie Mac
- Toggle 181 OCC Minimum Capital Ratios; Capital Adequacy Guidelines; Capital Maintenance; Capital: Treatment of Certain Claims on, or Guaranteed By, the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac) 2008
- Toggle 152 OTS Minimum Capital Ratios: Capital Adequacy Guidelines; Treatment of Certain Claims on, or Guaranteed By Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac 2008
- Toggle 74 HUD FR-5180-P-01 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA): Proposed Rule To Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages and Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs 2008
- Toggle 47 HUD FR-5087-P-01 Standards for Mortgagor’s Investment in Mortgaged Property 2007
- Toggle 14 TREAS Development of a Guarantee Program for Troubled Assets 2008
- Toggle 8 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
- Toggle 7 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 6 VA 2007 Notices Requesting Comments 2007
- Toggle 6 HUD FR-5171-N-01 Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Single Family Mortgage Insurance: Announcement of Planned Implementation of Risk-Based Premiums 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.