Fortress Investment Group
Fortress Investment Group LLC (NYSE: FIG) is an investment management firm based in New York, New York. The company went public on February 9, 2007.
Campaign Finance$120,789 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Fortress Investment Group
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2482 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act S.911 SPECTRUM Act S.1549 American Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.3060 Economic Growth and Reducing Unemployment Act H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Fortress Investment Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Fortress Investment Group
- Toggle 1 STB Control Exemptions: RailAmerica, Inc., Palm Beach Holding, Inc., RailAmerica Transportation Corp., et al. 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Acquisition and Operation Exemptions: Wiregrass Central Railway, LLC and Wiregrass Central Railroad Co., Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Control Exemptions: RailAmerica, Inc., et al. for Wellsboro&Corning Railroad, LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 MARAD Reports, Forms and Recordkeeping Requirements; Agency Information Collection Activity Under OMB Review 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Continuance in Control Exemptions: RailAmerica, Inc., et al. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Acquisition and Operation Exemptions: Three Notch Railway, LLC, and Three Notch Railroad Co., Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Acquisition and Operation Exemptions: Conecuh Valley Railway, LLC and Conecuh Valley Railroad Co., Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Quarterly Rail Cost Adjustment Factor 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Cast Iron Pipe (Supplementary Advisory Bulletin) - Advisory Bulletin 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Control: Genesee and Wyoming Inc. of RailAmerica, Inc., et al. 2012