Ford Motor Co
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ford Motor Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Ford Motor Co $12,600,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Automotive Industry,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.1550 Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act of 2009 H.R.520 Accelerated Retirement of Inefficient Vehicles Act of 2009 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.2346 Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.609 Right to Clean Vehicles Act
RegulationsMentioned in 200 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ford Motor Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ford Motor Co
- Toggle 3 EBSA PTE 2010-08, Involving Ford Motor Company Application No. L-11575 2009
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, Ejection Mitigation; Phase-In Reporting Requirements 2009
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Federal Motor Vechicle Safety Standard No.305: Electric Powered Vechicles, Electrolyte Spillage and Electrical Shock Protection 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA NHTSA Distraction Plan 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Alternative Fuel Vehicle Badging, Fuel Compartment Labels and Consumer Information of Alternative Fuel Usage 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Vehicle Safety Rulemaking and Research Priority Plan 2009-2011 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA 2010 - 2015 Strategic Planning 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Rear View Mirrors and Low Speed Vehicles 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ford Motor Co
- Toggle 70 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 66 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 36 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 34 EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 26 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2009
- Toggle 26 NHTSA Model Year 2011 Test Reports 2010
- Toggle 24 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request for a Clean Air Act Waiver to Increase the Allowable Ethanol Content of Gasoline to 15 Percent 2009
- Toggle 20 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 11 EBSA PTE 2010-08, Involving Ford Motor Company Application No. L-11575 2009
- Toggle 11 NHTSA NHTSA Distraction Plan 2010
Federal Spending5 grants; 9 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Ford Motor Company||2009||Federal Acquisition Service||TAS::47 0505::TAS 4X2 SUV, COMPACT, 4 CYL, MIN 4500 LBS GVWR, HEV||$25,139,000|
|Ford Motor Company||2009||Federal Acquisition Service||TAS::47 0505::TAS SEDAN, COMPACT, 4 DOOR, HYBRID ELECTRIC||$23,228,100|
|Ford Motor Company||2009||Federal Acquisition Service||4X4 PICKUP, FULL SIZE, CREW CAB, MIN 8000 LBS GVWR||$7,519,990|
|Ford Motor Company||2009||Energy, Department Of||"FORD PLUG-IN PROJECT: BRINGING PHEV'S (PLUG-IN HYBRID ELECTRIC VEHICLE) TO MARKET". AMENDMENT 005 - CONTINUATION INTO BUDGET PERIOD 3 AND STATEMENT||$3,668,349|
|Ford Motor Company||2010||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0321::TAS - NEW AWARD TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY||$2,211,796|
|Ford Motor Company||2009||Federal Acquisition Service||4X4 PICKUP, FULL SIZE, CREW CAB, MIN 9900 LBS GVWR||$1,892,266|
|Ford Motor Company||2009||Energy, Department Of||CONTROLLED HYDROGEN FLEET AND INFRASTRUCTURE DEMONSTRATION AND VALIDATION PROJECT||$1,812,750|
|Ford Motor Company||2010||Federal Acquisition Service||TAS::47 4530 001::TAS SEDAN, COMPACT, 4 DOOR, HYBRID ELECTRIC||$1,417,810|
|Ford Motor Company||2010||Federal Acquisition Service||SEDAN, LARGE, POLICE USE, 4 DOOR||$1,390,028|
|Ford Motor Company||2010||Federal Acquisition Service||TAS::47 4530 001::TAS SEDAN, COMPACT, 4 DOOR, HYBRID ELECTRIC||$1,295,585|
EPA Violations4 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Ford Motor Company||Ford Motor Company||2010||Ringwood, Nj||$1,500,000|
|Omega Chemical Superfund Site Ou-1 Rd/Ra||Hertz Corporation (+270 others)||2010||Whittier, Ca||$7,100,000|
|Ford Road Industrial Landfill||Ford Motor Company (+5 others)||2009||Elyria, Oh||$3,400,000|
|Chemical Recovery Consent Decree (Cercla)||Ford Motor Company (+42 others)||2010||Elyria, Oh||$2,575,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Ford Motor Co" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee