Food Marketing Institute
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Food Marketing Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Food Marketing Institute $2,290,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Food Industry,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.605 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act H.R.1259 Death Tax Repeal Permanency Act of 2011 H.R.1406 Fairness to Pet Owners Act of 2011 H.R.2167 Private Company Flexibility and Growth Act H.R.2434 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2012 S.166 Good Samaritan Hunger Relief Tax Incentive Extension Act of 2011 S.312 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act S.1573 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1926 Healthy Food Financing Initiative
RegulationsMentioned in 50 dockets; Submitted to 14 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Food Marketing Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Food Marketing Institute
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 2 FSIS Reducing Sodium in the Food Supply; Establishing Sodium Reduction Targets; Establishment of Dockets; Request for Comments, Data and Information 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Approaches to Reducing Sodium Consumption 2011
- Toggle 1 FNS Updated Trafficking Definition and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)-FDPIR Dual Participation 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Defining Larger Participants in Certain Consumer Financial Products and Services Markets 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Survey on the Occurrence of Foodborne Illness Risk Factors in Selected Retail and Foodservice Facility Types (2013-2022) 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Voluntary Submission of Food/Feed Facility Profile Information 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Necessity of the Use of Food Product Categories in Registration of Food Facilities and Updates to Food Categories as Authorized by the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Reverse Logistics 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Food Marketing Institute
- Toggle 12 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 12 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 7 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011
- Toggle 4 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 3 HHS Exchange Functions in the Individual Market: Eligibility Determinations; Standards for Verification of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage, Employer Appeals, and Employer SHOP Participation 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Approaches to Reducing Sodium Consumption 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Survey on the Occurrence of Foodborne Illness Risk Factors in Selected Retail and Foodservice Facility Types (2013-2022) 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011