Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag LLP (formerly Foley, Hoag & Eliot) is a law firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. The firm was ranked 170th on the National Law Journal's 2007 list of the 250 largest law firms in the United States. The firm also ranked 132nd in profit per attorney on the 2007 AmLaw 200 survey.
Campaign Finance$192,390 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Foley Hoag LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Amgen Inc $760,000 Gilead Sciences $660,000 Coalition for 21st Century Medicine $590,000 Eli Lilly & Co $480,000 Orexigen Therapeutics Inc $420,000 American College of Gastroenterology $360,000 Cubist Pharmaceuticals $357,000 Genzyme Corp $285,000 Abbott Laboratories $240,000 McNeil Consumer Healthcare $216,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Food Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.1483 Drug Safety Enhancement Act of 2011 S.3187 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act H.R.573 To amend section 310 of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2009 to extend the period of time during which claims for retroactive stop-loss special pay may be submitted. H.R.4808 Stem Cell Research Advancement Act of 2009 S.369 A bill to award posthumously a Congressional Gold Medal to Giuseppe Garibaldi, and to Recognize the Republic of Italy on the 150th Anniversary of its Unification. S.501 Fostering Independence Through Technology Act of 2011 S.510 Research of Alcohol Detection Systems for Stopping Alcohol-related Fatalities Everywhere Act of 2011 S.773 Insurance Fairness for Amputees Act
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Foley Hoag LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Foley Hoag LLP
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Foley Hoag LLP
- Toggle 3 FDA ANDA 20-2820 by Cypress Pharmaceuticals Inc. Should Not be Approvable as an ANDA Unless the Conditions Specified in This Petition Are Satisfied 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2013 Rates; Hospitals’ Resident Caps for Graduate Medical Education Payment Purposes; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers and for Ambulatory Surgical Centers 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Regulated Navigation Area; Buzzard's Bay, MA; Navigable Waterways Within the First Coast Guard District 2012
- Toggle 1 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2011
- Toggle 1 SBA Small Business Investment Companies--Energy Saving Qualified Investments 2011