Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag LLP (formerly Foley, Hoag & Eliot) is a law firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. The firm was ranked 170th on the National Law Journal's 2007 list of the 250 largest law firms in the United States. The firm also ranked 132nd in profit per attorney on the 2007 AmLaw 200 survey.
Campaign Finance$164,713 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte Nick Littlefield $17,000 John Kerry Nick Littlefield $16,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Foley Hoag LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Pfizer Inc $900,000 Eli Lilly & Co $850,000 Amgen Inc $720,000 Genzyme Corp $635,000 Coalition for 21st Century Medicine $560,000 Partnership to Improve Patient Care $519,500 Gilead Sciences $480,000 Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $480,000 GlaxoSmithKline $450,000 McNeil Consumer Healthcare $355,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Government Issues,
- Science & Technology,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Food Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act H.R.1427 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act S.882 Drug and Device Accountability Act of 2009 H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary March 12, 2013 Raptor Pharmaceuticals Corp. Implementation of the Orphan Drug Act; research and development of treatments for cystinosis. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Foley Hoag LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Foley Hoag LLP
- Toggle 2 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Petition to Suspend and Cancel All Registrations for the Soil Fumigant Iodomethane (Methyl Iodide) 2010
- Toggle 1 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Petition to Cancel EPA Pesticide Registrations of Triclosan (December 2009) 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Negotiating Objectives with respect to Malaysia's Participation in the Proposed TPP Agreement 2010