Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag LLP (formerly Foley, Hoag & Eliot) is a law firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. The firm was ranked 170th on the National Law Journal's 2007 list of the 250 largest law firms in the United States. The firm also ranked 132nd in profit per attorney on the 2007 AmLaw 200 survey.
Campaign Finance$1,249,107 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte Nick Littlefield $17,000 John Kerry Nick Littlefield $16,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Foley Hoag LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Amgen Inc $3,290,000 Genzyme Corp $2,170,000 Pfizer Inc $2,030,000 Eli Lilly & Co $1,820,000 Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $1,740,000 Gilead Sciences $1,645,000 Coalition for 21st Century Medicine $1,345,000 AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals $1,190,000 Cubist Pharmaceuticals $952,000 Susan G Komen For The Cure $921,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1695 Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act H.R.1427 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act S.882 Drug and Device Accountability Act of 2009 H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary March 12, 2013 Raptor Pharmaceuticals Corp. Implementation of the Orphan Drug Act; research and development of treatments for cystinosis. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Foley Hoag LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Foley Hoag LLP
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Foley Hoag LLP
- Toggle 3 FDA ANDA 20-2820 by Cypress Pharmaceuticals Inc. Should Not be Approvable as an ANDA Unless the Conditions Specified in This Petition Are Satisfied 2012
- Toggle 3 FHWA Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Regulations for Federal and Federally Assisted Programs 2003
- Toggle 2 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Petition to Suspend and Cancel All Registrations for the Soil Fumigant Iodomethane (Methyl Iodide) 2010
- Toggle 1 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry Describing Product-Specific Bioequivalence Recommendations 2007
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2013 Rates; Hospitals’ Resident Caps for Graduate Medical Education Payment Purposes; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers and for Ambulatory Surgical Centers 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Regulated Navigation Area; Buzzard's Bay, MA; Navigable Waterways Within the First Coast Guard District 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - Regulations To Establish Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase II Existing Facilities 2002
- Toggle 1 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2011