Focus on the Family
Focus on the Family (FOTF, or FotF) is an American evangelical Christian tax-exempt non-profit organization founded in 1977 by psychologist James Dobson, and is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Focus on the Family is one of a number of evangelical parachurch organizations that rose to prominence in the 1980s. A component of the American Christian right, it is active in promoting interdenominational work toward its views on social conservative public policy. Focus on the Family is also currently the primary sponsor for Phil Vischer's JellyTelly.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's October 27, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Ken BuckSupport $48,938 Keith S. FimianSupport $41,200 Rand PaulSupport $40,060 Todd Christopher YoungSupport $39,800 Russ FeingoldOppose $36,110 John M. Spratt, Jr.Oppose $34,075 Dino RossiSupport $33,786 John R. RaeseSupport $24,313 Andy HarrisSupport $16,000 Louis J. BarlettaSupport $13,195
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Focus on the Family" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Focus on the Family
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Focus on the Family
- Toggle 2 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR GENERALIZED SYSTEM OF PREFERENCES (GSP): NOTICE REGARDING THE INITIATION OF THE 2010 ANNUAL GSP PRODUCT AND COUNTRY ELIGIBILITY PRACTICES REVIEW AND DEADLINES FOR FILING PETITIONS 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR Petition to remove certain Sleeping Bags from GSP 2010