FirstGroup plc (LSE: FGP) is a public transport company, registered in Scotland at their headquarters in Aberdeen, operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Canada, Germany and the United States. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Campaign Finance$106,200 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by FIRST Group
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount US Telecom Assn $600,000 Google Inc $510,000 Visa USA $480,000 Exxon Mobil $480,000 Southern Co $480,000 Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $450,000 Capital One Financial $450,000 Eastman Chemicals $440,000 Anheuser-Busch InBev $420,000 American Airlines $390,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Beverage Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1813 MAP-21 S.1392 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.2105 Cybersecurity Act of 2012 S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1161 Community Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness Act of 2011 H.R.2466 Small Business Efficiency Act of 2011 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Nov. 7, 2013 Communities In Schools, Inc. Issues related to education policy. View registration Nov. 7, 2013 Ryman Hospitality Properties Issues related to pensions. View registration Oct. 16, 2013 Corrections Corp of America Issues pertaining to the construction and management of privately-operated prisons and detention facilities. CONSISTENT WITH CCA POLICY, THE INGRAM GROUP LLC DBA THE FIRST GROUP DOES NOT LOBBY FOR OR AGAINST ANY POLICIES OR LEGISLATION THAT WOULD DETERMINE THE BASIS FOR AN INDIVIDUAL'S INCARCERATION OR DETENTION. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 309 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "FIRST Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for FIRST Group
- Toggle 20 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 12 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 11 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 7 FSOC Authority To Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 6 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 5 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Amitrole Registration Review 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011