Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Fertilizer Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Fertilizer Institute $2,630,460
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Natural Resources,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1113 Critical Minerals Policy Act of 2011 H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act H.R.104 RAMP Act H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.1690 MODERN Security Credentials Act H.R.2011 National Strategic and Critical Minerals Policy Act of 2011 S.473 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 S.847 Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21
RegulationsMentioned in 67 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Fertilizer Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Fertilizer Institute
- Toggle 1 USCG TWIC/MTSA Policy Advisory Council; Voluntary Use of TWIC Readers 2011
- Toggle 1 NRCS Proposed Changes to National Handbook of Conservation Practices 2011
- Toggle 1 POrt Authority Access to Facility Vulnerability Assessments and the Integration of Security Systems - Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Regulatory Guidance: Applicability of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to Operators of Certain Farm Vehicles and Off-Road Agricultural Equipment 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials; Miscellaenous Admendments 2011
- Toggle 1 USDA Technical Guidelines and Scientific Methods: Quantifying GHG Emissions and Carbon Sequestration for Agricultural and Forestry Activities 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Fertilizer Institute
- Toggle 15 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 12 EPA Valuing Improved Water Quality in the Chesapeake Bay Using Stated Preference Methods 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 4 FRA Positive Train Control Systems Amendments 2011
- Toggle 3 Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
- Toggle 3 2013 Technical Corrections, Clarifying, and Other Amendments to Certain Provisions of the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Technical Revisions for Subparts I and W of the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Regulatory Guidance: Applicability of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to Operators of Certain Farm Vehicles and Off-Road Agricultural Equipment 2011
- Toggle 3 Solicitation of Comments for the CFATS Personnel Surety Program Information Collection Request 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA 10th Conference on Air Quality Models 2012
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Fertilizer Institute" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee