Feeding America is a United States-based non-profit organization. It consists of a nation-wide network of more than 200 food banks and food rescue organizations that serve virtually every county in the United States as well as Puerto Rico. It is the nation's leading hunger-relief charity, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The current president and CEO is Vicki B. Escarra. Feeding America was known as America's Second Harvest until August 31, 2008. (For Second Harvest Toronto, see Second Harvest).
Campaign Finance$7,750 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Feeding America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Feeding America $1,369,651
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2012 Children's Sleepwear Labeling Act of 2011 H.R.2309 Postal Reform Act of 2011 S.1625 Postal Reform Act of 2011 S.1789 21st Century Postal Service Act of 2011 S.2012 (Unknown)
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Feeding America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Feeding America
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 1 FNS National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Feeding America
- Toggle 5 WHD Child Labor Regulations, Orders and Statements of Interpretation; Child Labor Violations—Civil Money Penalties 2011
- Toggle 4 FNS SNAP: Eligibility, Certification, and Employment and Training Provisions of the Farm Bill of 2008 2011
- Toggle 2 FNS National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Emergency Petition Seeking Suspension of Registration for Clothianidin 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Hazardous Waste Management and the Retail Sector: Providing and Seeking Information on Practices to Enhance Effectiveness to the RCRA Program 2012
- Toggle 1 FTA Notice of Request to Rescind Buy America Waiver for Minivans and Minivan Chassis 2012
- Toggle 1 FNS Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Review of Major Changes in Program Design and Management Evaluation Systems 2011
- Toggle 1 FNS Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations: Income Deductions and Resource Eligibility 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food For Animals 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Corn Genetically Engineered for Drought Tolerance 2011