FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX), originally known as FDX Corporation, is a logistics services company, based in the United States with headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. The name "FedEx" is a syllabic abbreviation of the name of the company's original air division, Federal Express, which was used from 1973 until 2000.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of FedEx Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount FedEx Corp $41,952,074
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.1451 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.1586 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.2881 Kenny Callahan Act H.R.3607 Fiscal Year 2010 Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 786 dockets; Submitted to 31 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "FedEx Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for FedEx Corp
- Toggle 4 DOT Federal Express Corporation - Frequency Allocation - U.S.-China Zone 1 or 2 All-Cargo 2010
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express - Complaint - CP09NM0010 2009
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10GL0004 2010
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10NM0011 2010
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10SW0007 2010
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10NM0006 2010
- Toggle 2 FAA In the Matter of Corporate Air - CP10NM0010 2010
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Electronic On-Board Recorders Broader Including Hours of Service of Drivers; Supporting Documents 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT Federal Express Corporation - Frequency Allocation - Hong Kong-Dubai Fifth-Freedom All-Cargo 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT Federal Express Corporation - Frequency Allocation - Hong Kong-Manila Fifth-Freedom All-Cargo 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for FedEx Corp
- Toggle 43 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 32 FAA In the Matter of Empire Airlines - Complaint - CP09NM0009 2009
- Toggle 31 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express - Complaint - CP09NM0010 2009
- Toggle 23 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10NM0006 2010
- Toggle 21 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10NM0011 2010
- Toggle 20 FAA In the Matter of Corporate Air - CP10NM0010 2010
- Toggle 16 FAA Flight Crewmember Duty and Rest Requirements 2009
- Toggle 16 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10SW0007 2010
- Toggle 15 FAA In the Matter of Empire Airlines, Inc. - CP10NM0007 2010
- Toggle 15 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10NM0008 2010
Federal Spending11 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Federal Express Corporation||2010||Federal Bureau Of Investigation||EXPRESS MAIL SERVICES FOR FBI||$8,066,667|
|Federal Express Corporation||2009||Federal Bureau Of Investigation||EXPRESS MAIL SERVICES||$4,800,000|
|Federal Express Corporation||2009||United States Mint||OVERNIGHT SHIPPING SERVICES||$3,500,000|
|Federal Express Corporation||2010||FSC: 7777 NAME: SERVICE PART NUMBER:||$2,008,874|
|Federal Express Corporation||2010||FSC: 7777 NAME: SERVICE PART NUMBER:||$1,767,872|
|Federal Express Corporation||2010||Food Safety And Inspection Service||2010 HACCP FEDERAL EXPRESS SERVICE MOD 4||$1,350,000|
|Federal Express Corporation||2010||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||FEDEX MAIL SERVICE||$1,250,517|
|Federal Express Corporation||2009||Office Of Asst Secretary For Health Except National Centers||SHIPPING SERVICES||$1,240,472|
|Federal Express Corporation||2009||FSC: 7777 NAME: SERVICE - FEDE PART NUMBER:||$1,130,033|
|Federal Express Corporation||2009||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||OVERNIGHT PACKAGE DISTRIBUTION FOR CMOP||$1,048,133|
Contractor Misconduct7 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Labor||None||Misclassifying Workers: Massachusetts Attorney General Lawsuit||2010||Settlement||$3,045,000|
|Labor||None||Misclassifying Employees (Montana Settlement)||2010||Settlement||$2,300,000|
|Other||None||Failure to Use Approved Standards for Cargo Unit Load Devices||2010||Fine||$1,550,000|
|Antitrust||None||AFMS LLC v. UPS and FedEx (Antitrust)||2010||Pending||$0|
|Labor||None||Duval v. FedEx Ground Package System (Misclassifying Employees)||2010||Pending||$0|
|Labor||None||Misclassifying Workers: Kentucky Lawsuit||2010||Pending||$0|
|Labor||None||Pauley v. FedEx (Sexual Orientation Discrimination)||2010||Pending||$0|
Advisory Committees12 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.