Federation of State Medical Boards
The Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) of the United States is a national non-profit organization that represents the 70 state medical and osteopathic boards of the United States and its territories and co-sponsors the United States Medical Licensing Examination. Medical boards license physicians, investigate complaints, discipline those who violate the law, conduct physician evaluations and facilitate the rehabilitation of physicians where appropriate. The FSMB's mission calls for "continual improvement in the quality, safety and integrity of health care through the development and promotion of high standards for physician licensure and practice."
Campaign Finance$1,300 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Federation of State Medical Boards
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Federation of State Medical Boards $1,100,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Veterans Affairs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1251 Medicare and Medicaid FAST Act H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.1253 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.507 Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act of 2011 H.R.1832 Servicemembers' Telemedicine and E-Health Portability Act of 2011 H.R.3399 Medicare and Medicaid FAST Act H.R.6107 Veterans E-Health & Telemedicine Support Act of 2012 H.R.866 National All Schedules Prescription Electronic Reporting Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.4095 Online Pharmacy Safety Act H.R.5888 Physician Reentry Demonstration Program Act
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Federation of State Medical Boards" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Federation of State Medical Boards
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Federation of State Medical Boards
- Toggle 17 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 10 FDA Impact of Approved Drug Labeling on Chronic Opioid Therapy; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Blueprint for Prescriber Education for Long-Acting/Extended-Release Opioid Class-Wide Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy; Availability; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 2 VA 2012 Notices Requesting Comments 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Regulate Labeling of Opioid Analgesics 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Regulatory Provisions to Promote Program Efficiency, Transparency, and Burden Reduction 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for BUTRANS® (buprenorphine) U.S. Patent No. RE 41571 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011